Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Sep 26, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #4,141 of 13,134
It should drive the Fazor model imo, maybe the non. Check on the E12 thread perhaps. It comes with a Grado style 1/4" to 1/8" adapter.

Sep 26, 2014 at 1:28 PM Post #4,143 of 13,134
Sorry if this is a tad off topic, but does anyone have any experience ordering an LCD-2 or others directly from Audeze (website)? I'm just trying to get an idea of how long it takes for them to ship out once a new order is placed. Also, do they send out an email once it has been billed, shipped etc? Thanks. :)

Sep 26, 2014 at 2:59 PM Post #4,144 of 13,134
  Hi, 

I need help guys. I'm prepping to get LCD-2 fazors but I'm lost as to what amp I can get. I want an amp/dac with coaxial input. Right now, I've got a $548 deal for 
or I could get​
audio gd nfb-15.32 for $200.​
 The difference in price isn't a big of deal, I just want to know if the deal on the Burson is any good? I think it's half its usual price. And more importantly, I wanna know how well both pair with the fazors or even the revision 2 rosewood's as I'm open to buying them used.  

This one is a tough call.  The Burson can be had for about that same price or probably less used.  It is worth noting that the Burson's output power is pretty low, but I had an HA160D for about a year with pre-fazor LCD2.2 and I found it to sound very good.  If it was me I would go with the Audio-GD because of the optical-in, more features for your money.  The only reason to go for the Burson is that it is better looking.  I haven't heard the Audio-GD of course, so if someone else could chime in on whether it actually is any good or not, that would be more helpful than my entire post :)

Sep 26, 2014 at 3:07 PM Post #4,145 of 13,134
Sorry if this is a tad off topic, but does anyone have any experience ordering an LCD-2 or others directly from Audeze (website)? I'm just trying to get an idea of how long it takes for them to ship out once a new order is placed. Also, do they send out an email once it has been billed, shipped etc? Thanks.
smily_headphones1.gif

I think it's best to order directly. They ship promptly, I had no issues.

Yes, they send all kinds of notifications too.

Sep 26, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #4,146 of 13,134
The Burson Soloist is double the price (MRSP $1,000) but more refined and more powerful, so that used Burson 160 is not a direct comparisson.

Sep 26, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #4,149 of 13,134

This one is a tough call.  The Burson can be had for about that same price or probably less used.  It is worth noting that the Burson's output power is pretty low, but I had an HA160D for about a year with pre-fazor LCD2.2 and I found it to sound very good.  If it was me I would go with the Audio-GD because of the optical-in, more features for your money.  The only reason to go for the Burson is that it is better looking.  I haven't heard the Audio-GD of course, so if someone else could chime in on whether it actually is any good or not, that would be more helpful than my entire post :)

Well, that's the problem lol, I searched all over and I can't find any impressions with the audio-gd NFB 15 (it's warm). I even posted in the NFB 15 thread but got no response. I did find a couple reviews and impressions with the NFB 11 and from what I gathered it sounds more airy, you get a bit more details and the treble gets boosted with the LCD-2 rev 1 and rev 2 but I don't have a good deal for that since it's an extra $150 with the expensive shipping from China if it's bought new. But I think, logically NFB 11 would fit well with a dark headphone and I think that means the LCD 2 rev 1 / 2. For the fazor revision's higher resolution and detail, NFB 15 seems like it could be a good fit, NFB 11 would be overkill for me since I don't have an ear for treble or high resolution in the high notes and would prefer a more musical sound than analytical but I can't enjoy a sound too warm either for long sessions. 

Sep 26, 2014 at 9:30 PM Post #4,150 of 13,134
   and would prefer a more musical sound than analytical but I can't enjoy a sound too warm either for long sessions. 

= Bushmaster Mk 2 DAC (the under-rated and under-exposed British DAC magic) + add a quality lower powered speaker amp 30-50 watts for headroom + balanced cables ? Should be within budget if you bought a used amp and a Mogami balanced speaker taps/single-end cable set bought from the DIY guys on here.
Razordog also has great open box LCD-2 deals (same price as used LCD-2 at times) to help your upstream chain budget.

Hope that helps

Sep 28, 2014 at 12:05 AM Post #4,151 of 13,134
  = Bushmaster Mk 2 DAC (the under-rated and under-exposed British DAC magic) + add a quality lower powered speaker amp 30-50 watts for headroom + balanced cables ? Should be within budget if you bought a used amp and a Mogami balanced speaker taps/single-end cable set bought from the DIY guys on here.
Razordog also has great open box LCD-2 deals (same price as used LCD-2 at times) to help your upstream chain budget.

Hope that helps

Well the reason I'm specifically looking for AMP/Dac's is because I like to output dolby digital through my soundcard to external devices and I thought you could only do that with combined amp/dac units only. Do you happen to know if you can run dolby digital from soundcard to dac to separate amp? Because that opens up my options by a lot.

Sep 28, 2014 at 12:08 AM Post #4,152 of 13,134
  Well the reason I'm specifically looking for AMP/Dac's is because I like to output dolby digital through my soundcard to external devices and I thought you could only do that with combined amp/dac units only. Do you happen to know if you can run dolby digital from soundcard to dac to separate amp? Because that opens up my options by a lot.

Not sure, the developer is fast to respond. Maybe if it was 3x the price, expectation bias would it expose it to more people....He is using an obscure Wolfson chip.

Sep 28, 2014 at 12:16 AM Post #4,153 of 13,134
Dolby out for headphone use is entirely dependent on your soundcard. Dolby will take a 5.1 or 7.1 specially encoded speaker setup signal and downmix it into two PCM channels like normal audio that any DAC can recieve with an optical input. I run my Xonar DGX's Dolby processed signal to my Audio-GD NFB-28 for gaming. That NFB-15 is something I would still encourage you on, though :).

Sep 28, 2014 at 2:05 AM Post #4,155 of 13,134
I really cannot get over how good these sound after a couple of weeks I am still amazed. . . they sound very nearly real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back