Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread
Aug 8, 2014 at 10:22 PM Post #3,661 of 13,134
on touch maybe... go lose yourself in this reviewlicious treat -->> http://www.head-fi.org/t/634201/
tongue_smile.gif

Aug 10, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #3,662 of 13,134
Aug 10, 2014 at 1:58 PM Post #3,663 of 13,134
  is there a simple way to know if my audeze rev2 is a favor one or not

Look inside the cup. You'd see the Fazor ridges if there's one.

Aug 10, 2014 at 2:05 PM Post #3,664 of 13,134
Aug 10, 2014 at 4:24 PM Post #3,666 of 13,134
i was always under the impression i had non fazor lcd2 rev2, so all the time i was wrong, should be happy i have the fazor or not

whisk is more demanded to the two , which is better, can the fazor be removed without sending t back if it lowers bass impact

Aug 10, 2014 at 4:42 PM Post #3,667 of 13,134
i was always under the impression i had non fazor lcd2 rev2, so all the time i was wrong, should be happy i have the fazor or not

whisk is more demanded to the two , which is better, can the fazor be removed without sending t back if it lowers bass impact
are you happy with them? It doesn't seem like you noticed any reduction in bass when you didn't know they were fazor..let your ears be the judge.

Aug 10, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #3,668 of 13,134
are you happy with them? It doesn't seem like you noticed any reduction in bass when you didn't know they were fazor..let your ears be the judge.

actually the whole time i had an issue with the bass, and when i used to read how good the bass is on non fazor i was saying dam why don't i agree with them, but now come to know i have the fazor it kinda explains everything why the bass is not as people say

i was wondering can i downgrade to prefazor, are all audeze after 2013 fazor

is there anything that can improve the bass on fazor lcd2 like a cable or anything else, damping, or modding

Aug 10, 2014 at 5:58 PM Post #3,670 of 13,134
The O2 works fine with the LCD-2s. It even works better if you have the O2 booster board, which I'm assuming you don't. It's easy to build and definitely helps out in the current (power) dept. It's still not going to give you 1w output though.

http://www.agdraudio.com/Page2.html

Aug 10, 2014 at 5:59 PM Post #3,671 of 13,134

I don't think it's Fazor that reduced the bass response. I think they just slightly tweaked the driver itself in the later models. But anyway, I don't have any problems with bass on mine...
Listening to Infected Mushrooms and it's stomping my ears. On my FR graph I only see a gentle roll-off well under 30 Hz, but you don't really need those frequencies anyway.

Besides, nothing has really changed in 30 - 200 Hz range with new Fazor models - this is where all the bass is. It remains as flat as it was.
On another hand, the mid to high frequencies have improved quite a lot with Fazor. So did the soundstage and imaging. So it was worth it.

I'd say just enjoy your headphones as they are.

Aug 10, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #3,672 of 13,134
I don't think it's Fazor that reduced the bass response. I think they just slightly tweaked the driver itself in the later models. But anyway, I don't have any problems with bass on mine...
Listening to Infected Mushrooms and it's stomping my ears. On my FR graph I only see a gentle roll-off well under 30 Hz, but you don't really need those frequencies anyway.

Besides, nothing has really changed in 30 - 200 Hz range with new Fazor models - this is where all the bass is. It remains as flat as it was.
On another hand, the mid to high frequencies have improved quite a lot with Fazor. So did the soundstage and imaging. So it was worth it.

I'd say just enjoy your headphones as they are.

It may have been worth it for you, but you're not everyone. Your claim that the Fazor has not affected bass is not only baseless (ha), but false. Let him chose how to enjoy his cans.

Aug 10, 2014 at 6:55 PM Post #3,673 of 13,134
Your claim that the Fazor has not affected bass is not only baseless (ha), but false. Let him chose how to enjoy his cans.

It's based on FR comparisons between revisions. And based on what I see, there's no change in 20-200 Hz range,
except 30 Hz rolloff, which shouldn't impact the bass perception whatsoever on vast majority of the recordings.

Do you have anything to prove your claims except - OMG TEH FAZORR KILLD THE BAZE?

Aug 10, 2014 at 7:30 PM Post #3,674 of 13,134
I've posted numerous times on the subject. If you find those posts lacking, feel free to contract me via PM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back