Audeze Euclid Closed-Back Planar IEM
Oct 4, 2022 at 1:49 AM Post #331 of 457
I mean, does the price difference really make up for the wireless adapter? You can get something like the UTWS5 and still stay below the total cost of getting it from Audeze. Idk, no brainer to me haha. I still don't know if I like the descriptions of the IEM just yet, but for the cost alone I am considering it.
Have you heard the Letshouer S12? The best way I can put it is that It's basically a grownup sound of that planar. Way smoother, larger sounding, little more resolving and no sibilance on the Ts and Ss.

Oct 4, 2022 at 2:21 AM Post #333 of 457
It was not until recently that Audeze has done included the wireless cable, and they e explicitly advertised it here on Head-Fi, in fact.
Dang I definitely missed out but in reality there BT solution in the past has been just ok. Personally I wouldn't hold out for it, I'm actually listening to my i3 with the bt cable right now for some mobility in my office. My ifi micro iDSD signature and Gryphon do a much better job powering them.

Oct 4, 2022 at 7:17 PM Post #334 of 457
I’ve hesitated to pull the trigger as I kind of want the wireless cable that comes stock if you buy the Euclid directly from Audeze but is not included in the Adorama package.
I just couldn't pass up the deal I will be running them from the Gryphon and dx312 hopefully they come with a balanced cable and if I want to go ultra portable will just use my btr5.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #335 of 457
Got these new a few hours ago and they sound great! But, it seems the connectors are a little cheap :joy:
05BF79A1-BA93-48C4-B44D-DE64263C00F0.jpeg

Oct 9, 2022 at 9:11 PM Post #336 of 457
I've been reading comments where people think these IEMs lack bass. I don't know if there's something wrong with their ears, or if they've bought fake Euclids or what, but these Audeze Euclid's pack serious punch, and slam. The sub bass is large, full bodied and visceral. In fact all frequencies sound amazing on this set.

And I say that even as I use the Euclids straight from my Samsung S21 phone without an external DAC or anything. I also use these with Qudelix - superb!

There's absolutely nothing wrong with these IEM's.

There's also some people who believe the 7HZ Timeless is on par or better than the Euclid. Stop that talk right there! The Euclid blow the Timeless out of the water. It's not even close.
You are correct with The Right Tips, good seal and the right quality source is paramount to achieve the highest level they are able to achieve and once you achieve that level, the rest is history.
Received mine last night at 1030 pm by UPS listened for a while then let them run in on my dx312 overnight still haven't settled on tips some are just OK while others are sublime. The dx312 and Gryphon pair amazingly well with the Euclid I am running balanced and testing with a with a FiiO LC- RE pro cable. I think running the Gryphon wired will also improve sound quality so far I am only using it in BT mode.
So far the best sounding tips that I have found for my taste are some silicone tips that either came with my liberty pro 2's or my Fd7's both of which have spinfits on them because I didn't like the supplied tips, go figure they really wake up the bass and mid bass on the Euclid.

Last edited:
Oct 11, 2022 at 3:32 AM Post #338 of 457
Oct 11, 2022 at 10:58 AM Post #339 of 457
As someone who had an original Euclid from the first run, that had it replaced a year later, I'll say the two are very different. I haven't (typo corrected) measured my new set. But will one day and can provide a visual to accompany my feeling of what I hear.

That said, have they continued to tweek in the months since, I don't know. Probably not.

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2022 at 11:50 AM Post #340 of 457
Using the Euclids with a balanced Kimber Kable [MUC-M12SB1] and the small comply T-200 ear tips on all my gear, no equalizing, plug-ins, or mods.. Sublime is the only word that comes to mind.. I spent hours listening to music yesterday. The Euclid is very comfortable. I wear glasses and totally forgot they were there. The Euclid is an excellent pairing with the DX300 Amp 11| Digital Filter D5.

@Audeze Good Job! This definitely reminds me of positive attributes of the LCD-X/XC/MX4/5 and to some extent the Hifiman HE1000se in a smaller package.. Very engaging, resolute, enjoyable listen.... Fun and Goosebumps/Chill inducing especially with Female vocalists (Teena Marie, Mariah Carey, Mary J. Blige, Anita Baker, Toni Braxton, Minnie Riperton)
Same experience with a amp 12 on a
Dx 300

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2022 at 2:53 PM Post #343 of 457
Here is our official response:

Our headphones are burned in overnight in our facility. Some listeners claim that after about 100 hours of additional burn-in the sound tends to open up and relax. This is subjective so you'll find each person has their own opinion.

If you want to speed up the process, we recommend playing music through them (not pink noise!) at moderate listening levels when not in use.

Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Oct 12, 2022 at 3:46 PM Post #344 of 457
Here is our official response:

Our headphones are burned in overnight in our facility. Some listeners claim that after about 100 hours of additional burn-in the sound tends to open up and relax. This is subjective so you'll find each person has their own opinion.

If you want to speed up the process, we recommend playing music through them (not pink noise!) at moderate listening levels when not in use.
Sound advice!

Oct 18, 2022 at 11:48 AM Post #345 of 457
Created an account just to thank everyone in this thread for all the info, as it was one of the places I consulted while researching the euclid. Picked up a pair yesterday (and got lucky with a spectacular sale price). And... Listening to them is putting a smile on my face. Finally I don't need to compromise on headphones while travelling. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back