Audeze Euclid Closed-Back Planar IEM
Aug 22, 2022 at 2:03 PM Post #316 of 457
Let us know how you get on with the Gryphon! I think you're in for a treat :D
Oh man I love it. I’m listening to Diana Krall on my Monarch Mk2 right now. I actually didn’t even like them up till now… which really illustrates the importance of having a good source.

Do you have one? What settings do you typically use? I ended up settling on GTO for the “upscaling” I go back and forth on the little “Bass/Presence” switch

Aug 25, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #317 of 457
Oh man I love it. I’m listening to Diana Krall on my Monarch Mk2 right now. I actually didn’t even like them up till now… which really illustrates the importance of having a good source.

Do you have one? What settings do you typically use? I ended up settling on GTO for the “upscaling” I go back and forth on the little “Bass/Presence” switch
Honestly, I have all 3 of the 'X-Bass', 'Presence' and 'X-Space' switches on all the time now.
They just seem to improve pretty much every IEM I've tried with them. And even without those switches engaged, the Gryphon is still an outstanding source at the price.
The Euclid was a case in point of an IEM which scaled nicely with the Gryphon, and where the switches brought very tangible benefits :)

Sep 29, 2022 at 1:42 AM Post #318 of 457

What are your thoughts about the Monarchs Mk2 vs the Euclids? I already own the Monarchs but the Euclids are 54% off in Adorama and that got the curiosity going.

Sep 30, 2022 at 9:13 PM Post #319 of 457
What are your thoughts about the Monarchs Mk2 vs the Euclids? I already own the Monarchs but the Euclids are 54% off in Adorama and that got the curiosity going.
I have the Monarchs hooked up to my UTWS5 and they sound pretty nice. I didn't like the Euclids at all even though I use LCD-2s for my main headphones. I picked up the MEST Indigo and it's amazing and I really like the Vision EXT too

Sep 30, 2022 at 11:48 PM Post #321 of 457
The Gryphon definitely has enough power balanced. I'm also picking up a discounted signature because you know why not have 4w for when you want to blow up headphones lol.
That Gryphon and i3 Combo has to be righteous... How do you like that pairing?

Sep 30, 2022 at 11:58 PM Post #322 of 457
That Gryphon and i3 Combo has to be righteous... How do you like that pairing?
It's pretty awesome actually. Fits the bill as the ultimate portable for me. Iems that sound like a mini LCDX and an amp/DAC that can do it all is amazing when I travel and away from my desk.

Oct 1, 2022 at 12:03 AM Post #323 of 457
It's pretty awesome actually. Fits the bill as the ultimate portable for me. Iems that sound like a mini LCDX and an amp/DAC that can do it all is amazing when I travel and away from my desk.
I tried the Gryphon briefly at CanJam SoCal with my Euclids. I'm still on the fence about picking one up but seems like the sensible thing to do for musical enjoyment on the go.

Oct 1, 2022 at 12:05 AM Post #324 of 457
I tried the Gryphon briefly at CanJam SoCal with my Euclids. I'm still on the fence about picking one up but seems like the sensible thing to do for musical enjoyment on the go.
I recommend it for sure, the amount of features alone is worth the price.

Oct 1, 2022 at 12:20 AM Post #325 of 457
Wish I could have gotten that deal checked as soon as I read your post but saw nothing, would have been a great complement to my Fd 7.
It's still available. I saw it on a thread here on headfi, seems like it was an email offer, can only be accessed with the link below. Let me know if it works for you, I'm still considering them.
https://www.adorama.com/aueuclid.html?emailprice=t

Oct 3, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #327 of 457
Oct 3, 2022 at 10:27 PM Post #328 of 457
Works great thanks have a pair on the way.
I’ve hesitated to pull the trigger as I kind of want the wireless cable that comes stock if you buy the Euclid directly from Audeze but is not included in the Adorama package.

Oct 4, 2022 at 12:16 AM Post #329 of 457
I’ve hesitated to pull the trigger as I kind of want the wireless cable that comes stock if you buy the Euclid directly from Audeze but is not included in the Adorama package.
I mean, does the price difference really make up for the wireless adapter? You can get something like the UTWS5 and still stay below the total cost of getting it from Audeze. Idk, no brainer to me haha. I still don't know if I like the descriptions of the IEM just yet, but for the cost alone I am considering it.

Oct 4, 2022 at 1:46 AM Post #330 of 457
It's wasn't included in my set from Audeze 😭

Users who are viewing this thread

Back