Audeze Euclid Closed-Back Planar IEM
Aug 16, 2022 at 9:47 AM Post #301 of 457
Aug 16, 2022 at 1:02 PM Post #302 of 457
For anyone who's interested, I've just posted my Head-Fi Exclusive* review of the Euclid.
*translation: I'm too lazy to set up my own website :laughing:
You may find it by clicking on the link placed below for your convenience :)
https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/audeze-euclid.25826/review/29046/
Good review, and I'm glad you mentioned that these do have low end and slam depending on source.

To me, I'm also a bass head and the levels of sub bass is incredibly satisfying for me. I get the rumble and visceral impact. Another IEM I really want to compare these to is the Ikko 0H7, their flagship offering.

Aug 16, 2022 at 7:33 PM Post #303 of 457
I've been reading comments where people think these IEMs lack bass. I don't know if there's something wrong with their ears, or if they've bought fake Euclids or what, but these Audeze Euclid's pack serious punch, and slam. The sub bass is large, full bodied and visceral. In fact all frequencies sound amazing on this set.

And I say that even as I use the Euclids straight from my Samsung S21 phone without an external DAC or anything. I also use these with Qudelix - superb!

There's absolutely nothing wrong with these IEM's.

There's also some people who believe the 7HZ Timeless is on par or better than the Euclid. Stop that talk right there! The Euclid blow the Timeless out of the water. It's not even close.
Hey what tips are you using? Did you burn them in? I got them last week and I haven’t been very impressed. And I’m an Audeze guy (LCD-2)

Aug 16, 2022 at 8:34 PM Post #304 of 457
Hey what tips are you using? Did you burn them in? I got them last week and I haven’t been very impressed. And I’m an Audeze guy (LCD-2)
Just to keep conversation going, you definitely need a good seal with these to get bass. I have giant ear holes so I use final audio E tips size LL. After that my next choice is usually dekoni mercury tips. Also you'll want decent power with these as well. I use 1w as my baseline for planars, even iems. The reason for this is I don't usually get the thin/less dynamic sound complaint that I've seen others talk about.

Aug 16, 2022 at 9:37 PM Post #305 of 457
Just to keep conversation going, you definitely need a good seal with these to get bass. I have giant ear holes so I use final audio E tips size LL. After that my next choice is usually dekoni mercury tips. Also you'll want decent power with these as well. I use 1w as my baseline for planars, even iems. The reason for this is I don't usually get the thin/less dynamic sound complaint that I've seen others talk about.
Ya I think I’ll grab an iFi xDSD Gryphon. That should have enough power i would think. The Questyle M15 seems to struggle a little

Aug 16, 2022 at 9:42 PM Post #306 of 457
Ya I think I’ll grab an iFi xDSD Gryphon. That should have enough power i would think. The Questyle M15 seems to struggle a little
The Gryphon definitely has enough power balanced. I'm also picking up a discounted signature because you know why not have 4w for when you want to blow up headphones lol.

Attachments

• PXL_20220817_004106146~2.jpg
    PXL_20220817_004106146~2.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Aug 16, 2022 at 10:10 PM Post #308 of 457
Ha nice. I have the regular xDSD but it’s clunky and I don’t like the 3.5mm port or the USB female port for connecting my iPhone.
The Gryphon feels way more premium than the xDSD or the xCAN. They are decent for what they are but dang the Gryphon is so much better.

Aug 17, 2022 at 8:25 AM Post #309 of 457

Azla SednaEarfit Crystal tips, with Effect Audio Virtuoso balanced cable and Qudelix 5k.

Plenty bass rumble, impact. With the Qudelix you can play around with EQ to your heart's content. These Audeze Euclid's respond superbly to EQ.

Attachments

• 20220817_132042.jpg
    20220817_132042.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
Aug 17, 2022 at 8:33 AM Post #310 of 457
Don't get too caught up in the graphs, the numbers, the technicalities. All that just gets in the way of actually enjoying music. Constant comparisons etc, that's what leads to never being satisfied.

There's also a bunch of crap which people write eloquently. That's my gripe with online audiophiles, people trying to sound clever, but more time it's rubbish they are chatting.

Put these bad boys in your ear, with the correct tips (we're all different to which tips work), once you find those tips - bliss.

Enjoy the music. Forget all the rest :)

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2022 at 9:15 AM Post #312 of 457
Nice thanks! I ordered the Gryphon last night. I probably should’ve bought that instead of the M15 really. It seems like it should have plenty of power for the Euclid and my LCD-2
Yeah, Ifi Audio bass boost is superb.

Also, don't be afraid to try different size tips in each ear. For example, my right ear is smaller than my left so I need medium tips for left and small tips for right.

No one's left and right ear is identical. It's a bit of work at first, but once you know your sizes, superb!

Aug 17, 2022 at 2:05 PM Post #313 of 457

Also, don't be afraid to try different size tips in each ear. For example, my right ear is smaller than my left so I need medium tips for left and small tips for right.

No one's left and right ear is identical. It's a bit of work at first, but once you know your sizes, superb!
That’s funny I never thought to do that. I usually use Acoustune tips for everything

Aug 22, 2022 at 8:22 AM Post #314 of 457

I'd also add (for those that don't know) that the rather tongue-in-cheek kitsch retro named 'X-Bass' function on the Gryphon is NOT a digital enhancement (i.e. a DSP effect), but is achieved through hardware in the Gryphon.

As such it doesn't ever sound wonky or unnatural to me. As mentioned in my Euclid review, I've ended up using Gryphon with the X-Bass, Presence and X-Space functions permanently engaged :)

Aug 22, 2022 at 8:24 AM Post #315 of 457
Nice thanks! I ordered the Gryphon last night. I probably should’ve bought that instead of the M15 really. It seems like it should have plenty of power for the Euclid and my LCD-2
Let us know how you get on with the Gryphon! I think you're in for a treat :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back