Audeze Euclid Closed-Back Planar IEM
Feb 19, 2022 at 1:53 PM Post #271 of 457
I have a Gryphon with and expected for delivery next week :) Though I'll admit that I am pretty happy with how it already pairs with the Go Blu; kind of adds some of that warmth I want out of it, also fixes the upper midrange a bit.
That Go Blu looks like a good pick up as well. Glad to know it pairs well with the Euclid.

Feb 22, 2022 at 4:15 PM Post #272 of 457
That Go Blu looks like a good pick up as well. Glad to know it pairs well with the Euclid.
My Gryphon came in today. Got a chance to play with it. Compared to the Go Blu, it’s a tad bit more V-shaped with a slight emphasis on the low-to-upper bass and upper midrange. Causes the Euclid to open up quite a bit. Also pairs very well with the HE-560 that I got them for. Surprisingly, though, I actually have to play the Gryphon around the same volume level out of my iPhone to reach similar sound levels on the Euclid and HE-560, maybe slightly more out of the Gryphon. I would say that the Gryphon pairs better with the Euclid than the Go Blu, but both are a good direction. That’s assuming you want a warmer low and lowear-midrange out of the Euclid.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #273 of 457
Almost have all the data collection and graphings ready. Stay tuned. I know I've said similar in the past, but this time I mean it.
Cool cool, and it looks like Oratory has posted his settings for Harman EQ for the Euclid as well. Here

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2022 at 12:38 PM Post #274 of 457
Cool cool, and it looks like Oratory has posted his settings for Harman EQ for the Euclid as well. Here
Cool! A lot of similarities but differences too. (just realized. I started using the Oratory1990 iem target as mine. But shifted to using the Harman 2016 iem curve. So there will be sizable differences due to that.)

I just packed mine up to ship back to Auddeze for service maybe replacement so can't try it. Hope you can try his vs mine in a few days after I post all my work and comment.

I'm most curious if the places my PEQ parameters vs his are different are from a per unit difference in response mine has, or a measurement difference from inaccuracies my test rig has. I'll know better based on your comments (should you try it) but even better when I get a replacement and measure that 2nd unit too.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2022 at 12:51 PM Post #275 of 457
Oh, and p.s. ... Regarding what I wrote weeks ago:
And I've concluded that's [ trying to eq to the Harman or Oratory iem curve] a losing battle.
I take that back. I was wrong [and I now know why; more on that later].

Mar 3, 2022 at 11:39 PM Post #276 of 457
Thank you @etroze86! I haven't picked up the Gryphon yet but I intend to do so eventually.
I just got a Gryphon and can confirm it sounds great. The xCAN has a darker presentation but other than that they sound very similar.

Mar 4, 2022 at 12:32 AM Post #278 of 457
Mar 11, 2022 at 6:41 PM Post #279 of 457
m8o
Please do share your findings, that's would be a great service to the Euclid community~
Thanks for your hard work btw
Almost have all the data collection and graphings ready. Stay tuned. I know I've said similar in the past, but this time I mean it.
Cool! A lot of similarities but differences too. (just realized. I started using the Oratory1990 iem target as mine. But shifted to using the Harman 2016 iem curve. So there will be sizable differences due to that.)
I just packed mine up to ship back to Auddeze for service maybe replacement so can't try it. Hope you can try his vs mine in a few days after I post all my work and comment.
I'm most curious if the places my PEQ parameters vs his are different are from a per unit difference in response mine has, or a measurement difference from inaccuracies my test rig has. I'll know better based on your comments (should you try it) but even better when I get a replacement and measure that 2nd unit too.
Boy, you'd think with me saying what I did in bold italic I was just asking for it; that the universe would transpire against me in some way...

Yep, so, I had these big plans, with a new thread I was going to create (to keep this one clean of the few thousand words I'd probably end-up writing and likely dozen images I'd use for illustration). I had these three variations on three sets of PEQ targets:
1. Audeze's Cipher parameters KMann shared, and two variations of that.
2. Something I called 'Harman-ish', a loose Harman approximation, using the graphical 6-band PEQ of Tonebooster in UAPP.
3. A really close match to target Harman 2016 using 10 parametric EQ parameters, and two variations; one a bit darker and one a bit brighter.

So then (lol, you know what's coming) ... My replacement Euclid arrived today, with the screen at the bottom of the nozzle. And I have to say, it betters my OG / 1st gen / initial production run unit, hands down; where the biggest reason I had for EQ'ing it were the resonances mine had at three or four narrow frequency ranges in the treble, and a few deep dips in response, do not seem to be anywhere near as high or low, respectively. But more to the point of the quoted posts above, I re-tried every one of the PEQ parameters I was in love with with my original Euclid; where there wasn't a single one I didn't like more compared to no eq engaged. And at present, flip that. I'm almost always in the "no EQ is better than any EQ" camp. :xf_eek:

Thus, I'm glad I held off making my new big long thread on the topic of equalizing the Euclid; sharing all 9 sets of PEQ parameters and numerous comparison graphs comparing the measured response with each of the 9 sets of parameters to the un-eq'ed Euclid and to a couple of target curves. I'm convinced now that my early prod run of the Euclid is not representative of what everyone has been buying and listening to/thru since a few months after mine (those with the screen down the nozzle); a concern I've had for a while when comparing my original unit's measured response to the three (or is it four) I've found from reviewers. What I heard when I EQ'ed using my 'og' unit -- actually, from only 1 year ago -- would not be what everyone else would be hearing. So I'm really glad I didn't put that out in our little corner of the universe.

Of course, this is fresh out of the box. Needs many dozens of hours to break-in/loosening-up. And while with this new unit I was not loving the parameters I established that I did love with my old Euclid pair, I am already hearing frequency ranges I know could use a bit of massaging; a bit differently than what the BT Cipher uses (which I have on the way here btw; and which I will measure once I get it. As I suspect the DSP in the cable will have a different effect on the frequency response than when I use it in DSP in Roon or UAPP+Tonebooster). So, I do plan to revisit my project of eq'ing the Euclid. I haven't measured my new pair yet. I'll eventually do so of course. And I'm certain the parameters I settle on after that will be more appropriate to everyone's enjoyment, that I can confidently [finally] share.

Jun 10, 2022 at 5:05 PM Post #281 of 457
As of June 2022, Euclid now ships with the 4.4mm Pentaconn balanced cable, and Cipher Bluetooth wireless module included in the package.
@Audeze I should probably check the accessories on the website... Is the Euclid Cipher Bluetooth wireless module available for purchase now?

Jun 10, 2022 at 5:07 PM Post #282 of 457
Audeze Stay updated on Audeze at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AudezeLLC https://twitter.com/audeze https://www.audeze.com/
Jun 10, 2022 at 8:27 PM Post #285 of 457

Users who are viewing this thread

Back