Audeze closed-back prototypes! Yeah, this is one of the headphones at the top of my wish list.
Oct 27, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #241 of 820

Just regarding cosmetics, Is that plastic surrounding the cups? Also are they heavy?

Thanks for the photos much appreciated

Originally Posted by AnakChan /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Ya' know what? I never really paid much attention to the build 'cos it was either on my head mostly, in front of my camera, or on someone else's head. I don't recall feeling anything plasticky however I could take a 2nd look tomorrow. As I was unfamiliar with the LCDs in general, I'd have to say purely based on feel, I do not recall feeling it heavier than the LCD-3's or LCD-2's. If they are, I didn't notice it.

Checked about the frame around the cups, wooden (painted?) black.

Nov 4, 2012 at 8:30 AM Post #243 of 820
Quote:
How heavy is it?

popcorn.gif

the first question that popped into my mind. considering i sold the lcd-3 because of ergnomic preferences I think this would seal the deal for alot of headfiers who've been avoiding the lcd line so far cus they prefer lighter, less obstrusive headphones! i think it's audeze went that route!

Nov 4, 2012 at 8:33 AM Post #244 of 820
Quote:

the first question that popped into my mind. considering i sold the lcd-3 because of ergnomic preferences I think this would seal the deal for alot of headfiers who've been avoiding the lcd line so far cus they prefer lighter, less obstrusive headphones! i think it's audeze went that route!

They're still heavy. But honestly, it's hard to really tell. LCD-2/LCD-3/HE-6 all feel about the same to me weight wise. 

Nov 4, 2012 at 6:41 PM Post #245 of 820
Any official thread about these headphones? Looking forward to seeing the comparison between this pair and LCDs.

Nov 5, 2012 at 9:20 AM Post #246 of 820
Quote:
They're still heavy. But honestly, it's hard to really tell. LCD-2/LCD-3/HE-6 all feel about the same to me weight wise. 

it isn't the weight as is the claustrophobic clamp on the head. i think most of the weight rests on the pate of the head anyway. these just need to FEEL lighter on the temples to be alot easier to use for long periods of time. with the lcd3 i thought they made a headphone that was acceptable in this regard, but that was until i tried stax. even hd800 is way more comfortable for long periods cus the clamp on the temples is much better dispersed.

Nov 16, 2012 at 12:09 PM Post #248 of 820
Any more news from Audez'e about this set?

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #253 of 820
Quote:
Thought 'bout april/may. Price 2499 or 2899

Gack... of course the price had to go up even further beyond the LCD3s... It would be nice if they did a more accessible LCD2-derived version as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back