ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Oct 11, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #136 of 9,711
  Damn, I'm jonesing for these headphones (specifically, the Atticus) to an alarming degree. Have planned for months to get Omni's...now this. From Zach's post several pages back:

I ordered Paduak Omni's days before the Atticus / Eikon announcement, but remain content and enthusiastic about my decision. I've wanted to try planars and after reading the entire Omni thread, I'm certain Zach's craftsmanship and tuning will make this a satisfying choice for me. Hopefully it will serve as my my TOTL for a few years at least. That said, it would be great to know I if there will be an upgrade pathway (or customer loyalty discount program) from Omni --> Atticus or Eikon even thought he drivers are different. Anyway, I'm super stoked to receive my Omni's soon and also looking forward to more reviews on these new beauties from ZMF!

Oct 11, 2016 at 4:23 PM Post #138 of 9,711
What is it about headphones that unleashes all this "need/want"?

I've been drooling over Omni's for months...now the Atticus. I want LoryWiv's padauk Omni's--and they haven't even arrived!

(total shamelessness)

Oct 11, 2016 at 6:43 PM Post #139 of 9,711
I ordered Paduak Omni's days before the Atticus / Eikon announcement, but remain content and enthusiastic about my decision. I've wanted to try planars and after reading the entire Omni thread, I'm certain Zach's craftsmanship and tuning will make this a satisfying choice for me. Hopefully it will serve as my my TOTL for a few years at least. That said, it would be great to know I if there will be an upgrade pathway (or customer loyalty discount program) from Omni --> Atticus or Eikon even thought he drivers are different. Anyway, I'm super stoked to receive my Omni's soon and also looking forward to more reviews on these new beauties from ZMF!
ZMF headphones hold their value over time if you take care of them you should get around 80% or more of list reselling them. Also if this is your first planar a powerful amp is recommended at least a watt at the 50 to 75 ohm range. I love the planar sound may 2 favorite LCD-2F and Blackwoods. I have not tried the omni yet but I'm confident you won't be disappointed.

Oct 11, 2016 at 8:52 PM Post #140 of 9,711
Oct 11, 2016 at 9:37 PM Post #141 of 9,711
Will these be in massdrop with different woods in the future?

Oct 11, 2016 at 9:57 PM Post #142 of 9,711
These are slightly out of my price range for now but god damn that Padauk finish looks gorgeous. Insane. Probably the most beautiful headphones I've seen (woodys for sure, at the very least).

Oct 11, 2016 at 9:59 PM Post #143 of 9,711
HAHAHA!!

"Massdrop ZMF 'Atticus' - choice of cherry, padauk, swamp cedar, basswood, endangered elm (kingwood, snakewood, $100 extra)

U.S. shipping $8.75
foreign shipping $68.75
Buy today; ship next year (maybe)"

[apologies to ZMF & Massdrop for the humor--sometimes you gotta laugh]

Oct 11, 2016 at 11:25 PM Post #144 of 9,711
  HAHAHA!!

"Massdrop ZMF 'Atticus' - choice of cherry, padauk, swamp cedar, basswood, endangered elm (kingwood, snakewood, $100 extra)

U.S. shipping $8.75
foreign shipping $68.75
Buy today; ship next year (maybe)"

[apologies to ZMF & Massdrop for the humor--sometimes you gotta laugh]

What?!  No purpleheart?   It won't sell on Massdrop if it's not purple.

Oct 12, 2016 at 12:41 AM Post #145 of 9,711
ZMF headphones hold their value over time if you take care of them you should get around 80% or more of list reselling them. Also if this is your first planar a powerful amp is recommended at least a watt at the 50 to 75 ohm range. I love the planar sound may 2 favorite LCD-2F and Blackwoods. I have not tried the omni yet but I'm confident you won't be disappointed.

Thanks @Kozic, you make some helpful and reassuring points. I plan to drive the Omni's through an iFi Micro DSD, which should be ample power to help them sing and shine.

Oct 12, 2016 at 5:34 AM Post #146 of 9,711

Thanks @Kozic, you make some helpful reassuring points. I plan to drive the Omni's through an iFi Micro DSD, which should be ample power to help them sing and shine.

I think you will enjoy the Omni....I have only had mine for a couple of weeks,  I can't seem to take them off 
smile.gif

Oct 12, 2016 at 6:03 AM Post #147 of 9,711

You're killing me.   I preordered the Atticus in Padauk.  Zach only had the Atticus in cherry when I demo'd them. Now the excitement is going to wreck me until I get my hands on them.

Good post!  

Thanks!   ... I think.   
tongue.gif

Where is the preorder listed?  Or was that an RMAF thing?

Oct 12, 2016 at 5:16 PM Post #149 of 9,711
Oct 12, 2016 at 6:14 PM Post #150 of 9,711

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back