1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by hisoundfi, Oct 1, 2016.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Next

Last
  1. LoryWiv

I ordered Paduak Omni's days before the Atticus / Eikon announcement, but remain content and enthusiastic about my decision. I've wanted to try planars and after reading the entire Omni thread, I'm certain Zach's craftsmanship and tuning will make this a satisfying choice for me. Hopefully it will serve as my my TOTL for a few years at least. That said, it would be great to know I if there will be an upgrade pathway (or customer loyalty discount program) from Omni --> Atticus or Eikon even thought he drivers are different. Anyway, I'm super stoked to receive my Omni's soon and also looking forward to more reviews on these new beauties from ZMF!

2. SurvivorNVL
    I... want this so badly.  I also want there to be some velour pads just like these leather ones *_*

3. Pharmaboy
    What is it about headphones that unleashes all this "need/want"?

I've been drooling over Omni's for months...now the Atticus. I want LoryWiv's padauk Omni's--and they haven't even arrived!

(total shamelessness)

Guerny likes this.
  4. Kozic
    ZMF headphones hold their value over time if you take care of them you should get around 80% or more of list reselling them. Also if this is your first planar a powerful amp is recommended at least a watt at the 50 to 75 ohm range. I love the planar sound may 2 favorite LCD-2F and Blackwoods. I have not tried the omni yet but I'm confident you won't be disappointed.

5. Beagle

Head-Fi

ButtUglyJeff and jinxy245 like this.
  6. slex
    Will these be in massdrop with different woods in the future?

7. Vigrith
    These are slightly out of my price range for now but god damn that Padauk finish looks gorgeous. Insane. Probably the most beautiful headphones I've seen (woodys for sure, at the very least).

8. Pharmaboy
    HAHAHA!!

"Massdrop ZMF 'Atticus' - choice of cherry, padauk, swamp cedar, basswood, endangered elm (kingwood, snakewood, $100 extra)

U.S. shipping $8.75
    foreign shipping $68.75
    Buy today; ship next year (maybe)"

[apologies to ZMF & Massdrop for the humor--sometimes you gotta laugh]

9. ProfFalkin

What?!  No purpleheart?   It won't sell on Massdrop if it's not purple.

10. LoryWiv
    Thanks @Kozic, you make some helpful and reassuring points. I plan to drive the Omni's through an iFi Micro DSD, which should be ample power to help them sing and shine.

11. whirlwind

I think you will enjoy the Omni....I have only had mine for a couple of weeks,  I can't seem to take them off  [​IMG]

12. ButtUglyJeff

Where is the preorder listed?  Or was that an RMAF thing?

13. echineko
    I don't think it's officially been announced yet, expect updates to the website soon with details.

ButtUglyJeff likes this.
  14. Beagle

Does a bear massdrop in different woods?

15. ProfFalkin

I pre-ordered at RMAF w/ Zach's help.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Next

Last