ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF
Oct 12, 2016 at 8:42 PM Post #151 of 9,671

I think you will enjoy the Omni....I have only had mine for a couple of weeks,  I can't seem to take them off 
smile.gif

Thanks @whirlwind and enjoy! What do you drive them with and which wood to you opt for?

Oct 12, 2016 at 9:46 PM Post #153 of 9,671
  The dynamics are on the website. Pre-order links aren't available yet though.

Website update and overhaul coming shortly.  Will make announcement on head-fi soon!  It will contain a lot of info on the upcoming Atticus and Eikon.

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Oct 13, 2016 at 5:31 AM Post #156 of 9,671

I think you will enjoy the Omni....I have only had mine for a couple of weeks,  I can't seem to take them off 
smile.gif

Thanks @whirlwind and enjoy! What do you drive them with and which wood to you opt for?

I am driving mine with a custom amp from 2359Glenn, I have the Ormosia wood.

I posted pics of both in the Omni thread.

Oct 13, 2016 at 2:08 PM Post #158 of 9,671
Haven't been up to Chi-town for a long time. Might have to camp out on Zack's doorstep until he surrenders an Eikon to me. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 13, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #159 of 9,671

I am driving mine with a custom amp from 2359Glenn, I have the Ormosia wood.

I posted pics of both in the Omni thread.

I think Ormosia Henryi is beautiful wood. Really drawn to the subtle color (a little brown, a little red) and grain/figure.

How do these headphones sound? Is the bass as good as people typically say about Omni's? The soundstaging?

IMO all the Omni woods are extremely nice. Someone correct me if this is wrong, but I don't know of another line of  headphones with a selection of wooden earcups this extensive and well executed/finished. There are individual headphones with nice wooden earcups, such as the Denon AH-D7000's, but not entire lines like the Omni's...

Cherry & paduak are very nice woods (padauk/Atticus is my pick)--but like Taggerung, I'm wondering/hoping that other woods become available. Having all those wood options to obsess over really appeals to me.

Oct 13, 2016 at 3:17 PM Post #161 of 9,671
Impressions I read from RMAF were very positive as expected.

This is one of the more anticipated releases so far this year.

They are for me! I like heliosphann idea. Might have to camp out.

Oct 13, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #162 of 9,671
Impressions I read from RMAF were very positive as expected.

This is one of the more anticipated releases so far this year.

For sure. Looking forward to Tyll's further impressions, he mentioned in his RMAF write up that he'd go into further detail on the Eikon/Atticus later this week so should be any moment now.

Oct 13, 2016 at 4:14 PM Post #163 of 9,671
The thing I appreciate most is, when talking to Zach about the new gear he cares just as much, if not more about how these things sound than anything else. I've had conversations where the guy says he was up until the wee hours of the morning perfecting the slightest little detail.

This product is designed for the guys who have Head-Fi accounts. They are geared to be a supreme listening experience for those who take this hobby seriously.

Oct 13, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #164 of 9,671
The thing I appreciate most is, when talking to Zach about the new gear he cares just as much, if not more about how these things sound than anything else. I've had conversations where the guy says he was up until the wee hours of the morning perfecting the slightest little detail.

This product is designed for the guys who have Head-Fi accounts. They are geared to be a supreme listening experience for those who take this hobby seriously.

You nailed it. The most personal way to listen to music is headphones. If they're amazing, they lift you up; if they're no good, it's a bad experience. When I think of investing in expensive headphones, I'm aiming high -- so it really matters whether the manufacturer designed & crafted them w/at least as much love for audio & sound as I feel.

Of course, many bigger companies manufacture great headphones. But knowing this designer actually obsesses about headphone sound & voices them to sound like music  heard in a symphony hall or acoustic space (impactful bass; clear, present mids & treble; not peaky & bright)...that's totally different: it's seems personal for both him & me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back