ATH-ES7 Buyer's Guide or How (and Where) to Avoid Fakes.
Mar 14, 2010 at 8:02 PM Post #76 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludacity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The seller's "claim" is that they are a new store at eBay so they are trying to garner a good rep by selling all their goods "at cost". I've used these headphones for probably a good day or so. I just received these a few days ago.

Yeah, ive read that. He also sells the ATH-ESW9 for $82,99 including worldwide shipping, that just seems unreal. I have send him an email with a few questions, ill post the answer when ill get it.

Mar 15, 2010 at 6:30 AM Post #77 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by MathNL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, ive read that. He also sells the ATH-ESW9 for $82,99 including worldwide shipping, that just seems unreal. I have send him an email with a few questions, ill post the answer when ill get it.

Sounds good, I was tempted to pick one of those up too.

Alright so a few of my friends had a chance to have a listen to my ES7's, some of which are bigger music buffs than I. To my surprised, most of them commented on the amount of bass they had. So maybe I'm just desensitized by the two 10" subs sitting in my car but I guess they do have more bass than I originally gave credit for. Hopefully that'll put to rest some of the doubts a few of you had about these.

Mar 15, 2010 at 3:44 PM Post #79 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by MathNL /img/forum/go_quote.gif

It wouldn't matter to me what his answers were. People can always lie. At that price I would bet my left, well you know. Stay away from this guy would be my advice. If it sounds to good to be true, it usually is.

Mar 15, 2010 at 6:51 PM Post #80 of 144
Update:

I just got an email from James @ AT. Here's what he said:

"Current ES7s are not packaged as yours are. I believe when we first started selling the ES7s they were in Japanese. It is also possible the product was bought in Japan and sold in the U.S. market. You would need to address that with the vender on AMAZON. The picture appear correct. The headband is a grayish color and the hanger connector and element assemblies are all white. I cannot provide a definitive assessment unless I had the headphones and disassembled them. To date we have not had any knock off product ES7s."

Mar 15, 2010 at 8:49 PM Post #82 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ludacity /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The seller's "claim" is that they are a new store at eBay so they are trying to garner a good rep by selling all their goods "at cost". I've used these headphones for probably a good day or so. I just received these a few days ago.

Dude, nobody is going to sell "all" of their goods at cost to garner a good reputation. Check out the pictures in post number 52 of this thread, in particular the box. The box in your pictures are what look suspicious to me. It lloks nothing like the ones that came with my ES7's. I bought my first pair before all this fake BS started. It is a shame because I regret selling mine and would like to own them again. Sometimes a deal can be to good to be true.

Mar 15, 2010 at 9:00 PM Post #83 of 144
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronnielee54 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The box in your pictures are what look suspicious to me. It lloks nothing like the ones that came with my ES7's.

His box, while crumpled and damaged, look exactly like mine. Mine came form Japan, and as the AT tech told him, his might also come from Japan.

Mar 15, 2010 at 9:06 PM Post #84 of 144
Mine also came from Japan, and the box looked more like the one in post 52 of this thread. He also stated that the left and right markings matched the type on the fake examples. Sorry, but like I said earlier, when they get to cheap, I get suspicious.

Mar 15, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #85 of 144
Quote:

Dude, nobody is going to sell "all" of their goods at cost to garner a good reputation. Check out the pictures in post number 52 of this thread, in particular the box. The box in your pictures are what look suspicious to me. It lloks nothing like the ones that came with my ES7's. I bought my first pair before all this fake BS started. It is a shame because I regret selling mine and would like to own them again. Sometimes a deal can be to good to be true.

Buddy, I realize that, hence the quotation marks on claim. And if you had read my previous posts, you'd have noticed that I mentioned that the box was a major concern of mine as well.

"The the biggest thing that makes me worry that mine are fakes is the box itself." Those were my exact words.

I am not saying that I believe the seller's words 100% or anything, I'm just throwing out all the information I have regarding the seller and his products to help others. But thank you, Captain Obvious.

Mar 15, 2010 at 10:05 PM Post #87 of 144
Quote:

Mine also came from Japan, and the box looked more like the one in post 52 of this thread. He also stated that the left and right markings matched the type on the fake examples. Sorry, but like I said earlier, when they get to cheap, I get suspicious.

What's the manufacturing date on the back of the box? I'll take pictures of my box tonight and post pics up here as well as post the manufacturing date.

There might be discrepancies in boxes depending on when the headphones were made and sold!

Mar 15, 2010 at 11:59 PM Post #88 of 144
Here are the pics :

es71.jpg

es72.jpg

es73.jpg

es74.jpg

es75.jpg

Manufacturing Date : October 2008.

Mar 16, 2010 at 12:06 AM Post #89 of 144
I'd like to hear some opinions on the sound quality of the fake ES7's. I'm sure there is a noticeable difference in performance but I'd like to know what are some distinguishable differences to look for. Thanks in advance.

Mar 16, 2010 at 12:35 AM Post #90 of 144
I have not heard fake ones but from looking at your pictures, I believe they are real. Mine also came in the earsuit box and after checking your pictures for signs of an obvious fake, I don't really see any. I think a user (Kaboom) made a thread on the fake es7s issue and in that thread it's noted that es7s have come in a different box (one is earsuit, the other I don't remember what it looks like) and were legit. The difference is probably that at some point in time, AT decided to switch to the earsuit packaging. Anyway I'm sure your ears would be able to differentiate between a real and a fake immediately, without ever having heard the fake ones.

So I will say that the es7s are most likely not fake, as far as I can tell. But those $83 esw9s look so fishy...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back