ATH-ES7 Buyer's Guide or How (and Where) to Avoid Fakes.
Mar 16, 2010 at 1:18 PM Post #91 of 144
As far as I know, they have always come in an Earsuit box. I bought mine in 2007 and they were in an Earsuit box. If you live near an Apple store they might have them so you can check out what an authentic pair looks like. All of the Apple stores I have ever been to carry them.

Apr 6, 2010 at 12:53 PM Post #93 of 144
Well I finally received my ES7 from eBay seller goal.electric, which was the same seller as Ludacity and I believe that they are completely legit. I have only had them for 2 days, yet the sound is of similar quality the Alessandro MS-1, and they blow my Shure E3c's out of the water. After being so worried about what I was going to receive, I am relieved to say that the headphones sound as describe by other posters with legitimate ES7. I would say the bass and the highs are great but the mid's are lacking some substance, which I am hoping will be fixed by some healthy burn in.
I agree with the previous posts that the package seems sketchy, since my came a bit crumpled and resealed, but the phones were new with the protective film still on them. There were none of the signs of the fake ES7's as posted earlier, so I fell like goal.electric is legit at least with my experience. I can post pictures if anyone wants.

May 1, 2010 at 3:13 PM Post #97 of 144
May 2, 2010 at 2:40 AM Post #98 of 144
My recent pair bought from JR reads "Designed and Engineered in Japan. Made in China" on the box, but they seem authentic. The box and phones are of a high level of quality, and they match the description of real pairs in the original post.

May 2, 2010 at 5:00 AM Post #99 of 144
Why is that most fake headphones come from Audio Technica.. I wonder why..

May 2, 2010 at 5:05 AM Post #100 of 144
...because Audio Technica is actually behind the fakes, producing and selling them in order to undercut the retailers! But that would mean that they're really actually real then?

May 6, 2010 at 6:12 AM Post #103 of 144
Sold out.....
basshead.gif

May 6, 2010 at 6:03 PM Post #104 of 144

Quote:
i wanted to see this thread but apparently the pics are down can someone repost???

I can see the pics just fine here...

Edit: My website provider just cancelled my account and refunded my last payment, for some reason. Might explain why the images can't be seen be some (as they are still in my cache here). I'll look into another provider and hopefully be able to put these back up soon, sorry for the inconvenience!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back