Astell&Kern To Debut SP3000T DAP and NOVUS IEMs at CanJam NYC 2024
Feb 29, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #31 of 93
Yeah I certainly can't buy any of those in the current year.

New Envy and Modhouse Tungsten basically depleted all the funds.
However it's been effective to request colors and whatnot early, so that it will be released in the "right" Version by the time I can afford it.

Unfortunately the SP3000T won't be available in Heidelberg this week. An early audition would've been nice
Thomas confused me a bit and he’s very busy right now but he said he should have them in April but will have a demo unit early March. Definitely not for Saturday. I have the SP3K so I don’t need this new one especially with Immanis being a much higher priority. Then I’ll be looking at the new Solaja and SAEQ amps when they appear and testing them against my HSA-1b; the SP3KT goes to the back of the queue until Immanis is fully sorted.

Feb 29, 2024 at 5:54 PM Post #32 of 93
Thomas confused me a bit and he’s very busy right now but he said he should have them in April but will have a demo unit early March. Definitely not for Saturday. I have the SP3K so I don’t need this new one especially with Immanis being a much higher priority. Then I’ll be looking at the new Solaja and SAEQ amps when they appear and testing them against my HSA-1b; the SP3KT goes to the back of the queue until Immanis is fully sorted.
Luckily the Immanis can be auditioned on saturday already.

I have quite a few models to audition, but only the Immanis is expected to become a threat to my wallet. We'll see how it turns out on saturday. On Munich High end I left deeply satisfied, by knowing how good my collection and setup is, regardless of what was available at the show. Hopefully I'll feel similar after Heidelberg.

Regarding DAPs I wanted a flagship with tubes. The last one I had on my Radar was Cayins N30LE, but I was too slow for that one. The dual tube modes, coupled with AKM DACs was very interesting and now we have this new SP3000T... however I have no urgency on the DAP side of things, no need to be an early adopter.

Feb 29, 2024 at 5:58 PM Post #33 of 93
Luckily the Immanis can be auditioned on saturday already.

I have quite a few models to audition, but only the Immanis is expected to become a threat to my wallet. We'll see how it turns out on saturday. On Munich High end I left deeply satisfied, by knowing how good my collection and setup is, regardless of what was available at the show. Hopefully I'll feel similar after Heidelberg.

Regarding DAPs I wanted a flagship with tubes. The last one I had on my Radar was Cayins N30LE, but I was too slow for that one. The dual tube modes, coupled with AKM DACs was very interesting and now we have this new SP3000T... however I have no urgency on the DAP side of things, no need to be an early adopter.
You and me both brother. Love that Onyx Black 😎

Feb 29, 2024 at 8:10 PM Post #34 of 93
I have the 2000T (and have had a 120 ll, a 240 SS, still have my SP1000 SS) and the 2000T works very well with my EE Odin and Zeus. I'm not hearing crackles between tracks, just lovely silence, in Hybrid mode. When I go back and forth between the T and the 1K, the T seems a bit "livelier." That's in Hybrid mode, which is the way I use it. I just spent a month with the 1K and have been back to the T for a week and I'm loving it. Currently using Dunu tips, was using the Spinfit Omnis.

YMMV.

Feb 29, 2024 at 9:05 PM Post #35 of 93
Any information on the NOVUS iem? Will it be available in custom edition rather than just universal? Will it stand with the ranks of high purity and real sound of the 64audio 18t? Thanks for any information on this.

Mar 1, 2024 at 8:20 AM Post #36 of 93
I have the 2000T (and have had a 120 ll, a 240 SS, still have my SP1000 SS) and the 2000T works very well with my EE Odin and Zeus. I'm not hearing crackles between tracks, just lovely silence, in Hybrid mode. When I go back and forth between the T and the 1K, the T seems a bit "livelier." That's in Hybrid mode, which is the way I use it. I just spent a month with the 1K and have been back to the T for a week and I'm loving it. Currently using Dunu tips, was using the Spinfit Omnis.

YMMV.
I still use both my SP2kt and SP2k on a regular basis. Both Great DAPS

Mar 1, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #38 of 93
Can anyone throw light on the driveability of the SP3000T? Same old ambiguous 6 Vrms thru 4.4mm pentacon?
Let's be honest we have no Clue about driveability of any A&K DAP since they don't publish powerspecs.

An up to X Volts, without the mention of into which load is useless.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2024 at 11:02 AM Post #39 of 93
Can anyone throw light on the driveability of the SP3000T? Same old ambiguous 6 Vrms thru 4.4mm pentacon?
How can anyone here answer that question? Nobody has one. It’s not available until April/May. With what do you want to drive the SP3000T? I use my SP3000 to drive my phones, I’ve never tried anything to drive the SP3000. What an unusual question; I’m intrigued by what the answers might be.

Mar 1, 2024 at 4:36 PM Post #41 of 93
If you attend CANJAM in NYC do you get a launch unit of each for half price?:beyersmile:
Only if Oprah shows up, and go "everyone gets half-priced SP3000T"... :laughing:

Mar 2, 2024 at 5:49 PM Post #44 of 93
I'm also interested. What's the battery life like? Can you guys please give a measurement playing dsd with the tubes enabled? I have a SE200 and it will barely get 6-8 hours out of the AKM side.
So if it could last for an entire shift at work that would be excellent. I cant see myself buying anything that lasts any shorter than this.

Mar 2, 2024 at 6:30 PM Post #45 of 93
I need AK to make a HDMI DAP and DAC-Amp separates next...only so many tubes can be put into a dap...and everyone is doing it right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back