Astell&Kern To Debut SP3000T DAP and NOVUS IEMs at CanJam NYC 2024
Feb 28, 2024 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 91
Astell&Kern Expands Flagship A&ultima Player Line and Adds A New Collaboration IEM

Introducing the A&ultima SP3000T, a Flagship Digital Audio Player with Vacuum Tube Amp and NOVUS, the Second In-Ear Monitor Collaboration with Manufacturer Empire Ears

Astell&Kern, a global leader in portable high-resolution audio players and accessories, announces an expansion of the A&ultima flagship player line and a new In-Ear Monitor, produced in collaboration with Empire Ears. Both products will make their global debut at CanJam NYC 2024, March 9 - 10, 2024 at the New York Marriott Marquis in New York City.

A&ultima SP3000T

SP3000T_email.jpg

Expanding on the extremely popular SP3000, Astell&Kern combines the best of our current flagship player with the warm sound of tube amplification. The SP3000T features Astell&Kern’s Triple Amp System, first debuted in 2021 with the A&ultima SP2000T, which allows users customize their sound profile using tube amplification, a digital op-amp, or hybrid combination of both tube and op-amps. All three modes are available when using the 2.5mm, 3.5mm or 4.4mm outputs.

Tube Amp Mode
The SP3000T features Dual RAYTHEON JAN6418 MIL-SPEC Vintage Vacuum Tubes. Tube Amp Mode provides a uniquely warm and soothing tone, typically seen with vintage tube amplifiers.

Op-Amp Mode
The SP3000T also contains a separate op-amp. This proven op-amp technology was developed over the years for Astell&Kern’s digital audio player lines and has proven time and again to be the culmination of Astell&Kern’s expertise in amp design, delivering extreme clarity, low noise floor and dynamic sound that Astell&Kern is known for worldwide.

Hybrid Amp Mode
First debuted in the SP2000T, Hybrid Amp Mode enhances the resolution and clarity of the existing tube amp mode to express more musical detail. This mode, which combines the advantages of retro analog sensibility and high-resolution output, gives you the pleasure of a new tonality, bringing together the best of vacuum tube and op-amp design and technology.

Three-Step Tube Current Adjustment
While in tube mode, users can adjust the current flow to the tubes, allowing nuanced changes in the sound profile.

Use of AKM’s Latest Flagship DAC with Complete Separation of Digital and Analog Signals
Like the A&ultima SP3000, the SP3000T uses Asahi Kasei Microdevices (AKM) latest flagship DAC, the AKM AK4499EX and features a complete separation of digital and analog signals. Most digital players process digital and analog signals together inside the DAC. However, the SP3000 and SP3000T reduce the noise of the digital signal input using the AK4191EQ, a separate digital delta-sigma modulator, and then the AK4499EX DAC processes the analog signals separately.

By applying this unique design where digital and analog signal processing is physically separated, it is possible to experience an incredible level of sound that has never been experienced before.

Snapdragon 6125 Octa-Core CPU
The A&ultima SP3000T is equipped with a Snapdragon 6125 Octa-core processor and 8GB of DDR4 memory, which is twice the amount of RAM commonly used in DAPs. Along with the current Astell&Kern 4th generation, Crimson user interface, the player features a more powerful system that is stable with fast and fluid movement.

316L Stainless Steel with 99.9% Pure Silver Plating
A Stainless Steel body, with 99.9% pure silver plating, gives the SP3000T a classic look that fully complements the vintage tube amp used in the player.

The A&ultima SP3000T will be available in May 2024 at authorized Astell&Kern dealers worldwide for $2,999.

In addition to the SP3000T, Astell&Kern has plans for a more user-accessible product in the A&ultima line to be released in the second half of 2024, giving audio enthusiasts an additional option for high-end, flagship music playback.

NOVUS In-Ear Monitor

Novus_email2.jpg

NOVUS becomes the second Astell&Kern collaboration with IEM manufacturer Empire Ears. Astell&Kern is always challenging the possibilities of infinite sound and striving for the purest sound imaginable. Empire Ears is an uncompromising and prestigious manufacturer of IEMs that combine innovative design with the latest technology. Our two legacies are proof that attention to detail and visionary innovation conceive magnificent design. Together, Astell&Kern and Empire Ears first collaborated to create Odyssey, and now NOVUS.

Features of NOVUS include:

13 Driver, Quadbrid, Dual Conduction
  • Dual W9+ Drivers - Legendary, unparalleled bass reproduction is made possible by Empire Ears purpose-built, W9+ subwoofers
  • Five Balanced Armature Drivers featuring one Sonion driver and Quad Proprietary NOVA Drivers by Knowles
  • Quad Electrostatic Drivers by Sonion
  • Dual Bone Conductors by Sonion
NOVUS Shell
NOVUS features a 6061-T6 aluminum shell finished in Diamond Like Carbon (DLC) with 24K Wet Gold-Plated faceplates and sapphire glass.

Cable
A custom-made four-wire hybrid copper, gold and silver cable with 23.7AWG Litz Type 4S cable structure reinforced with black macro-molecular fiber and terminated in 4.4mm balanced jack is included.

NOVUS will be a limited edition, produced by Empire Ears under the Astell&Kern brand name and will be for sale exclusively at authorized Astell&Kern dealers worldwide for $4,999 in May 2024.

The A&ultima SP3000T and NOVUS IEM will be available for demo at CanJam NYC 2024, March 9 and 10, at the New York Marriott Marquis in New York City.

Last edited:
Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Feb 28, 2024 at 9:34 PM Post #2 of 91
Looking forward to the sp3000t. I love my 2000t, but think it could use some of the upgrades if the sp3000.

Feb 28, 2024 at 10:09 PM Post #3 of 91
Holly cow I just got my Sp2000T
Definitely will get the sp3000T looks really nice

Feb 28, 2024 at 10:13 PM Post #4 of 91
Holly cow I just got my Sp2000T
Definitely will get the sp3000T looks really nice
I just got mine in Dec. If I had known I might have held off.

Feb 29, 2024 at 12:14 AM Post #6 of 91
Anybody knows the price tag for the sp3000T?

Feb 29, 2024 at 12:16 AM Post #7 of 91
Feb 29, 2024 at 12:52 AM Post #9 of 91
Wow, just as I was getting to terms with the idea of replacing my beloved SP2000T with the SP3000, this thing comes out...I can hardly wait. Not that I'm complaining, but how come it's cheaper than the SP3000?
The sp3000 and sp3000t uses different dacs and amp combos.

Feb 29, 2024 at 2:00 AM Post #10 of 91
Wow, just as I was getting to terms with the idea of replacing my beloved SP2000T with the SP3000, this thing comes out...I can hardly wait. Not that I'm complaining, but how come it's cheaper than the SP3000?
Would you be happier if they’d priced it at $3,999? We can always ask Jason to increase the price. Ah, I see, it would sound better if they increased the price.

Feb 29, 2024 at 4:44 AM Post #15 of 91

Users who are viewing this thread

Back