Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews
Feb 28, 2019 at 11:28 AM Post #1,338 of 2,727
Strange. I had some more or less serious hissing issues with my SE846 on my Mojo (both playing directly prom my MicroSD in the Poly and via Roon with Poly as source) and not at all on my SR15.
Sold the Mojo/Poly. Happy with the SR15.

Mar 1, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #1,340 of 2,727
Arrived also my sr15, live is something incredible, an object of extraordinary design and just holding it in hand you understand the reason for its crooked design.
Anyway, I have installed in the Qobuz folder, I have a subscription in high resolution and everything seems to work perfectly.
Do you recommend a good iem without me becoming poor?

Mar 1, 2019 at 9:42 AM Post #1,341 of 2,727
Arrived also my sr15, live is something incredible, an object of extraordinary design and just holding it in hand you understand the reason for its crooked design.
Anyway, I have installed in the Qobuz folder, I have a subscription in high resolution and everything seems to work perfectly.
I have BGVP DM6 and it is excellent with SR15

Mar 1, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #1,342 of 2,727

I had it^ and it was awesome, pairs nice with the warmth of SR15, was a little harsh with my ESS based stuff and my amp, which both have a ton of treble energy and need a softer iem.

Still great but I couldn’t wear them more than an hour- my ears are just too sensitive from years of iem use and I can only wear something very tiny unfortunately. But I think they are the best in the price range and above - they sound amazing.

Last edited:
Mar 1, 2019 at 9:50 AM Post #1,343 of 2,727
I had it^ and it was awesome, pairs nice with the warmth of SR15, was a little harsh with my ESS based stuff and my amp, which both have a ton of treble energy.

Still great but I couldn’t wear them more than an hour- my ears are just too sensitive from years of iem use and I can only wear something very tiny unfortunately. But I think they are the best in the price range and above - they sound amazing.

I'm using the Campfire Comet which has been a great pair IMHO. Not too expensive and very well built.

Mar 1, 2019 at 10:45 AM Post #1,345 of 2,727

I tried some earphones of the Chinese hifi and I have not found myself very well, not critical of the sound but the construction and especially the comfort, too small shell that are not comfortable in the ear and too low-end materials, I think that the Chinese engineers have to resume some measures for the ears of old Europe.
Does anyone have any experience with Astell's earphones, like Billie Jean?

Mar 1, 2019 at 11:33 AM Post #1,346 of 2,727
^ Listening to the combination right now.
I would say the Billy Jeans sound really well with a wide soundstage.
I only have an unbalanced cable so far and on that combination my Mahler 7 is a tad less detailed and wit a somewhat less forward going feeling than my SE846’s with a balanced cable.

But my ear sensitivity and audio vocabulary are both not the greatest so I am not the best judge.

Enjoy your weekends!

Mar 1, 2019 at 12:50 PM Post #1,347 of 2,727
Any status on the external playlists issue. Not sure how often I should bother you.
@JeremyLaurenson This was just discussed in our weekly team meeting this morning. Our head of US operations just came back from Korea and told us that this came up in discussion with the engineering team in meetings last week. They are still working on it and have been getting a lot of questions about it from users around the world, not just here in the US. Hoping to have some additional information soon.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Mar 1, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #1,349 of 2,727

I have ordered Oriveti New Primacy, they get vg reviews for their price-point here. I was also considering Campfire Comet

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back