1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by pitch_black, Jul 29, 2018.
First

Back
80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89
91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100
Next

Last
  1. ThomasHK
    Tidal 2.11.5 solved the issues the app had. Was android wide, not just AK.

The balanced out is so good on this thing. For people looking for a low noise DAP, this balanced basically has none.

2. toranku
    SR15 actually hisses a little with my 334 and audibly so on andromedas

3. ThomasHK
    In balanced?! Wow

4. toranku
    Yup. The quest for an alternative to the DPX1 continues.

5. JeroenTop
    Strange. I had some more or less serious hissing issues with my SE846 on my Mojo (both playing directly prom my MicroSD in the Poly and via Roon with Poly as source) and not at all on my SR15.
    Sold the Mojo/Poly. Happy with the SR15.

6. cirodts
    sr 15 good driver a sundara and an amiron?

7. biscottino
    Arrived also my sr15, live is something incredible, an object of extraordinary design and just holding it in hand you understand the reason for its crooked design.
    Anyway, I have installed in the Qobuz folder, I have a subscription in high resolution and everything seems to work perfectly.
    Do you recommend a good iem without me becoming poor?

8. dakchi
    I have BGVP DM6 and it is excellent with SR15

9. abitdeef
    I had it^ and it was awesome, pairs nice with the warmth of SR15, was a little harsh with my ESS based stuff and my amp, which both have a ton of treble energy and need a softer iem.

Still great but I couldn’t wear them more than an hour- my ears are just too sensitive from years of iem use and I can only wear something very tiny unfortunately. But I think they are the best in the price range and above - they sound amazing.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  10. atmasphere
    I'm using the Campfire Comet which has been a great pair IMHO. Not too expensive and very well built.

11. abitdeef
    I’ve heard those are really nice too, and the kasas pros are good too.

12. biscottino
    I tried some earphones of the Chinese hifi and I have not found myself very well, not critical of the sound but the construction and especially the comfort, too small shell that are not comfortable in the ear and too low-end materials, I think that the Chinese engineers have to resume some measures for the ears of old Europe.
    Does anyone have any experience with Astell's earphones, like Billie Jean?

13. JeroenTop
    ^ Listening to the combination right now.
    I would say the Billy Jeans sound really well with a wide soundstage.
    I only have an unbalanced cable so far and on that combination my Mahler 7 is a tad less detailed and wit a somewhat less forward going feeling than my SE846’s with a balanced cable.

But my ear sensitivity and audio vocabulary are both not the greatest so I am not the best judge.

Enjoy your weekends!

14. JasonNYC
    @JeremyLaurenson This was just discussed in our weekly team meeting this morning. Our head of US operations just came back from Korea and told us that this came up in discussion with the engineering team in meetings last week. They are still working on it and have been getting a lot of questions about it from users around the world, not just here in the US. Hoping to have some additional information soon.

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://instagram.com/astellnkern https://us.astellnkern.com support.inc@iriver.com
    buonassi likes this.
  15. AndyGer75
    Did anyone try the Astel Kern Billy Jean IE together with the Sr15? Allready having an eye on them

First

Back
80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89
91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100
Next

Last