Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews
Mar 3, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #1,367 of 2,727
Hong Kong will also have the CN firmware which does have English language in edition to Chinese language. Sorry, it's Sunday evening here and I'm not near a computer to look up the languages for each firmware version. I will post the breakdown of each firmware version in a bit.

Thanks for your support. I'm still in hesitation to purchase the CN firmware. What difference between the CN and the other firmware. How about Indonesia Unit. Considering to travel there also.

For the FW update, I remember sr15 use OTA upgrade, then it will work for me. As for the warranty, as long as I take the unit back to China then the warranty won't be a problem (I travel a lot in China)

Thank you

Mar 3, 2019 at 8:14 PM Post #1,368 of 2,727
Thanks for your support. I'm still in hesitation to purchase the CN firmware. What difference between the CN and the other firmware. How about Indonesia Unit. Considering to travel there also.

For the FW update, I remember sr15 use OTA upgrade, then it will work for me. As for the warranty, as long as I take the unit back to China then the warranty won't be a problem (I travel a lot in China)

Thank you
All firmware, no matter if it is the CM or CN firmware version is done OTA. Both firmware versions are the same except for the language and keyboard supported. You are correct, a player purchased in China would need to be serviced in China.

CM firmware

Country : Europe, USA, Japan, Russia, etc. expect for CN version
Language : English, Korean, Japanese, Russian, German, French
Keyboard: English, Korean, Japanese, Russian

CN firmware

Language: English, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional
Keyboard: English, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional

Astell&Kern Stay updated on Astell&Kern at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/astellnkern/ https://twitter.com/astell_kern https://www.instagram.com/astellnkern.official/ https://astellnkern.com astellnkern@astellnkern.com
Mar 3, 2019 at 8:55 PM Post #1,369 of 2,727
All firmware, no matter if it is the CM or CN firmware version is done OTA. Both firmware versions are the same except for the language and keyboard supported. You are correct, a player purchased in China would need to be serviced in China.

CM firmware

Country : Europe, USA, Japan, Russia, etc. expect for CN version
Language : English, Korean, Japanese, Russian, German, French
Keyboard: English, Korean, Japanese, Russian

CN firmware

Language: English, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional
Keyboard: English, Korean, Chinese Simplified, Chinese Traditional

Thank you for your assistance. Since both of the firmware support English, maybe I will purchase sr15 in China. Considering blue special edition will have 128GB internally.

Thank you

Mar 5, 2019 at 1:48 PM Post #1,372 of 2,727
I'm trying to navigate using Folders but don't see how to get back to the parent of the folder I'm in. Any suggestions?
I too find it frustrating that it takes me back to the main list of Folders.
Just click on the album art and then press the button on the left (under words "File Path"). It will brought you back to the most recent folder (or other navigation view, that was used).

Mar 5, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #1,374 of 2,727
that's my question too. Just sold my X7ii that sounded amazing, but the software freaked me out and now I am on the game for a new DAP and I am actually deciding between these two to drive majorly my CA Andromeda S, AEON Flow Open, DT1990.
Had the same issue with the X7ii. Great player, great sound but teh software really annoyed me. And I have had Fiio stuff for years. Had to sell it after a while and picked up the SR15. Just charging up now so I haven't had a chance to hear it.
that's my question too. Just sold my X7ii that sounded amazing, but the software freaked me out and now I am on the game for a new DAP and I am actually deciding between these two to drive majorly my CA Andromeda S, AEON Flow Open, DT1990.

Mar 6, 2019 at 4:17 AM Post #1,376 of 2,727
Just click on the album art and then press the button on the left (under words "File Path"). It will brought you back to the most recent folder (or other navigation view, that was used).
I just got mine and couldn't figure that out either!

Mar 6, 2019 at 7:12 AM Post #1,378 of 2,727
How long does it take for the A&K A&Norma SR15 to charge up?

Its not quick charging from what I can tell, and if you have bluetooth on to drive speakers and wifi on to stream, charging is very slow. Last night I turned bluetooth and wifi off and let it charge on a Samsung Adaptive Fast Charger. It started at 54%. 7 hours later I checked and its 100%.

Mar 6, 2019 at 7:46 AM Post #1,379 of 2,727
Last night I thought the SR15 doesn't like LAME CBR 320kbps mp3 files. I have an album like that on my sd card - plays fine in foobar2000. SR15 says "File not found" Even when SR15 is connected via USB, the album is invisible via SR15.

This morning I found SR15 plays CBR 320kbps mp3 files just fine. The problem was the Folder name was "...And His Mother Called Him Bill"

Files that begin with "." don't show up in the SR15 GUI or in the filesystem when connected via USB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back