Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews
Mar 9, 2019 at 1:06 PM Post #1,381 of 2,727
I'm having issues getting USB output from the SR15......I connected an OTG adapter cable to the USB cable going into my Auralic Vega DAC - made sure the Auralic was seeing USB input - and on the SR15, it is on Media Device (MTP).....it won't switch to DAC Input (but that isn't what I want - I'm not trying to output from a computer into the SR15 to use the internal DAC......I want music from the SR15 to go to an external DAC - this is going to be very important once I get my car system back together.

For USB Audio - I have that set on PCM......are there any other settings that I need to look at to get the above to work? This is the same thing as hooking up to a MOJO......

I'm having a similar problem. I have USB storage under "External USB" icon but no sound into Chord Hugo TT2 or Woo Audio WA8.

Receiving
20190309_125612.jpg
20190309_130235.jpg
this error as well

Can anyone help?

Mar 9, 2019 at 1:39 PM Post #1,382 of 2,727
Funny - I just did this again the other day - just curious about difference between Aries source vs SR15 through the Vega.

Sitting at my desk without the cable connected - I could not get the USB button to do anything - kept on touching it - no reaction - trying to remember how I got it to work in the past.

Then I connected the iFi OTG cable I had bought and connected via USB to the Vega - boom! The USB button lit up. So the A&K has to ‘see’ the output device it seems before it is able to switch to output mode through the USB port. I didn’t get any error messages or anything, and the process I described might totally be what you did, but I thought I would post in the event that someone else was trying to put it in USB output mode without having it connected to anything.

Mar 9, 2019 at 3:55 PM Post #1,383 of 2,727
Hi all, I have read all the posts on here with interest. I have been looking for a Hi Res player for ages the biggest issue was trying to justify the cost (to my wife more so) However I am now in a position to buy a top DAP. I have tried a Fiio x5 and an iBasso (borrowed from a friend) and they sound pretty good to me using my AKG K550 although I did get a bit frustrated with the UI. I always liked the A&K AK70 but now the SR15 is here and reading your thoughts on the unit I think this is the best choice. Any thoughts on the headphones I am using AKG K550? I have also been looking at the Beyerdynamic Amiron headphones has anyone paired these with the SR15?

Thank you

Mar 10, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #1,384 of 2,727
Any thoughts on the headphones I am using AKG K550? I have also been looking at the Beyerdynamic Amiron headphones has anyone paired these with the SR15?

if you want a headset that is good with sr15, throw a blind eye on Ultrasone, coupled with a lot of synergy, in particular I use the Studio Signature, it’s a tank like construction, and the Tribute7, but it is much more expensive.
You also think a Signature Pro which is One of the best closed headphone play with the Dap.

Mar 10, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #1,385 of 2,727
I have ordered Oriveti New Primacy, they get vg reviews for their price-point here. I was also considering Campfire Comet

in the end I decided for a Meze Rai Penta, I read great things on this headset and then for the fact that Meze is in Europe and easily reachable in case of warranty, now I'm already on the road and soon I should already play them.

Mar 10, 2019 at 5:10 PM Post #1,386 of 2,727
in the end I decided for a Meze Rai Penta, I read great things on this headset and then for the fact that Meze is in Europe and easily reachable in case of warranty, now I'm already on the road and soon I should already play them.

Tried the Rai Penta with the SR15 last month, and it was terrific. Congrats on your new purchase!

Mar 10, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #1,388 of 2,727
Funny - I just did this again the other day - just curious about difference between Aries source vs SR15 through the Vega.

Sitting at my desk without the cable connected - I could not get the USB button to do anything - kept on touching it - no reaction - trying to remember how I got it to work in the past.

Then I connected the iFi OTG cable I had bought and connected via USB to the Vega - boom! The USB button lit up. So the A&K has to ‘see’ the output device it seems before it is able to switch to output mode through the USB port. I didn’t get any error messages or anything, and the process I described might totally be what you did, but I thought I would post in the event that someone else was trying to put it in USB output mode without having it connected to anything.

Finally got it to work into my TT2. I had to toggle both on an off until the LED in the TT2 indicated a signal. I am not sure how to achieve the same on the Woo WA8

Mar 12, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #1,390 of 2,727
Very nice photo, thanks! Are you using Tidal?
Took me quite a while to get my head around the SR15. After a week of use, I can honestly say it is the best DAP I've owned and I've had teh Astell and Kerns, the Sonys, the Ipods, the Fiio-the lot! I had an issue with the slowness of downloads to offline but I was advised to save the downloads into internal memory and leave the SD Cards for ripped music. I must say that has worked a treat as it appears download speeds are faster if going into internal memory. So more than happy with the SR15.

Mar 14, 2019 at 9:59 AM Post #1,391 of 2,727
For the fans of Bubble upnp, I've been corresponding with the developer as the response time with the SR15 was really slow. He's implemented some workarounds to the SR15s strange DLNA behaviour (his words) and the latest update has solved near all issues. I'll keep the dialog going with him in case more bugs pop up

Mar 14, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #1,392 of 2,727
For the fans of Bubble upnp, I've been corresponding with the developer as the response time with the SR15 was really slow. He's implemented some workarounds to the SR15s strange DLNA behaviour (his words) and the latest update has solved near all issues. I'll keep the dialog going with him in case more bugs pop up
Until Roon works, I use mconnect in my Apple-environment. Works good enough for now

Users who are viewing this thread

Back