Astell & Kern SR15: A&norma Impressions & Reviews
Jan 20, 2019 at 10:42 AM Post #949 of 2,727
I did finally get an answer last night, but there was really no more information that what I had already posted here. Below is what was provided to me from our HQ team. As you can see, not much clarification on playlists since 1.10 firmware. I again asked for more info. I will stay on top of them.

After Firmware version 1.10, the method of using the playlist function was changed due to the Open APP service.
The reasons for the change is some Music App create playlist file(.m3u) and it confuses the AK product.
So The conclusions is below.

playlist function

before

playlist file(.m3u)
It worked in any folder

After

It must be in playlist folder under the root
And It works.

Their response "And it works" is disappointing at best.

I am a Mac user and am not able to save playlists as described from the HQ team. Seeing other comments and videos on this topic (Thanks to JeremyLaurenson for the detailed background on this issue) it appears that the AK Dev team is not testing properly on the Mac platform.

However, if the intent is that Mac users are not going to have the same functionality as Windows then I bought a portable from the wrong company.

Please advise on what AK's intentions are. If Mac is not going to be supported then I expect to be able to return the product for a full refund.

Thanks

Todd

Jan 21, 2019 at 2:00 PM Post #950 of 2,727
Not sure why it is not listed on our website, but I will let our web team know. The answer is yes, the SR15 does have USB DAC function. All of our players since the first gen AK100 released 6 years ago supports USB DAC function. It's a feature we've always included and plan on continuing to include.

Hi
SR15 and Windows 10 - no drivers needed, sound goes but until it fills buffer (few seconds) you hear clicks and pops. On every track or at every rewind/forward. Clicks&pops and then after few seconds all goes OK.
No drivers at AK website. Any clue?
Newest firmware.

Jan 21, 2019 at 4:22 PM Post #951 of 2,727
Is there a way to enable developer options on the SR15 ?
I have a problem with bluetooth headphones where i need to up the volume to really high (110+) to hear something ,
looking for the "Disable\Enable Absolute volume" on the device, is there a way to enable this ?

Jan 22, 2019 at 4:27 AM Post #959 of 2,727
Anyone experiencing battery draining too fast after last firmware upgrade?
As a matter of fact I have this uneasy feeling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back