Astell & Kern KANN - DAP with Massive Storage & Battery
Apr 27, 2017 at 10:41 PM Post #214 of 2,698
Received email that my silver one shipped today...
When and where did you order it? I ordered on April 8th from Moon Audio, still no emails about shipping from them yet even though they show in stock on their website.

Apr 27, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #216 of 2,698
Ordered it from A&K directly, so as to have no issue if I don't love it and want to return within 14 days, which I will if I don't, but I hope to love it.
I did not thought of ordering from A&K directly and I would love to have 14 days return period. Moon Audio does not have this kind of policy. I really don't like to order from Moon Audio because they always charge first and then become silent. They don't give you updates or anything. I did not know they have KANN in stock until I see your post but then, where is my order since they apparently have it in stock.

Next time I will order from manufacturers directly.

Apr 28, 2017 at 8:59 AM Post #217 of 2,698
Received email that my silver one shipped today...
When and where did you order it? I ordered on April 8th from Moon Audio, still no emails about shipping from them yet even though they show in stock on their website.

Please (both) share your thoughts on sq when you get it. I'm especially curious how Kann will hold up to the Plenue 1 (which I have and see in Joseph Lin's sinature) and Opus #2.

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

Apr 28, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #218 of 2,698
I am curious as well. The Opus#2 is pretty fantastic and it would take something special for me to replace it but I have a special place in my heart for AK.

Apr 28, 2017 at 12:59 PM Post #219 of 2,698
I did not thought of ordering from A&K directly and I would love to have 14 days return period. Moon Audio does not have this kind of policy. I really don't like to order from Moon Audio because they always charge first and then become silent. They don't give you updates or anything. I did not know they have KANN in stock until I see your post but then, where is my order since they apparently have it in stock.

I always email the site I'm interested in using. If they a) don't reply over a couple of days or b)reply they don't have stock yet I don't bother ordering!

Apr 28, 2017 at 2:40 PM Post #220 of 2,698
Hi, my first post, got one on order as well, this will be my first dap, not crazy bout design but love 300 series looks, but interested Sq, Patiently waiting those who get too review before mine ships,

Apr 28, 2017 at 3:03 PM Post #221 of 2,698
They emailed me today that they(Moon Audio) will receive their orders on Monday(May 1st). I guess they need one or two days to process their orders and then 2 days shipping. I hope I will be able to receive mine by the end of next week. This completely defeats the purpose of pre-ordering from them. Why middle man when I can order from AK directly and receive it one week earlier?

In my personal opinion, Opus #2 is very good, much better than P1. Treble is better than Mojo. The bass is tighter and can go very deep. The EQ on Opus#2 is very good as well. P1's EQ is the best in my opinion, there are so many fine tuning possibilities. The DAP is very small, the smallest among all my DAPs except Shanling M1. However, when comparing Opus#2 with P1, P1 obviously is not comparable to Opus#2. The clarity, transparency, treble all are one level or two less than Opus#2. However, P1 is my 2nd best DAP.

I hope Kann is at least on par with P1, then I'll be happy. I do not expect it to be better than Opus#2. I don't think so but we have to wait until I receive it. P1 is just outdated by the advancements of technology. It is still a very good DAP but outdated.

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:36 PM Post #223 of 2,698

Moon Audio also allows for a 14 return period with some limitations. Look in their Customer Service section for specific information. I have had very good luck with their support and consider them very reasonable to deal with. I chose to order mine from iRiver USA because Moon Audio told me they do not store credit card information on their servers so they would process the payment upon order rather than when shipped. I don't like paying for something and then having to wait months to get it.

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #224 of 2,698
You like the Opus for vocals and Pop music or Metal and Techno aswell ?

Apr 29, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #225 of 2,698

Users who are viewing this thread

Back