Astell&Kern AK380
Mar 17, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #4,024 of 9,041
Specifications: 
Sensitivity: 124 dB / mW 
-Frequency Response: 10 Hz -20 kHz 
-Impedance: 60 ohms 

For the A&K 380, this IN-EAR with that specifications  is easy to drive it, will be a good match ?

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #4,026 of 9,041
Fun with fellow Head Fi-er Decreate having lunch, an hour or so in Jaben comparing Cu with stock 380 and now coffee...

Had a great time chatting and trying out stuff today. 
ksc75smile.gif

Mar 17, 2016 at 6:49 PM Post #4,027 of 9,041

Something for 380 owners to ponder. As promised here is a track selected from Jazz at the Pawnshop in a few different High-Rez formats.

- 24/192 (vinyl rip) (281mb)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61845253/03%20High%20Life.flac

- DSD 128 (580mb)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61845253/03%20High%20Life.dsf

- DXD (872mb)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/61845253/03%20High%20Life.wav

As usual I leave leave the tracks up for about a day.

Opinions welcomed on preference of format.......

Enjoy!!! :ksc75smile:  
I was going to buy this whole album before. I chose DSD/5.6mhz. I must say it sounds amazing through my 380 & AK AMP and Oppo PM-1 and silver Dragon V3 Cable. Thanks for sharing! Very much appreciated!

Mar 17, 2016 at 7:22 PM Post #4,028 of 9,041
So after the new firmware. Was listening to James Bay 24bit/88.2kHz. Couple secs into the song no sound so I went to another track still no sound. So I shut down and and turn it back on and works fine now anyone else have things like this happen with the new firmware? Also did anyone get a notice pop up before playing a song saying something like caution player may get hot. Like we disnt know this since owning the 380. Wasn't thinking I should of taken a pic? As for the SQ I think it stayed the almost the same. I say this only cause the bass sounds different from the previous firmware. This new firmware sounds like to me it lost just a little bit of that punch from before. But still sounds good. I was liking the previous firmware urrh.
Mike

Mar 17, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #4,029 of 9,041
So after the new firmware. Was listening to James Bay 24bit/88.2kHz. Couple secs into the song no sound so I went to another track still no sound. So I shut down and and turn it back on and works fine now anyone else have things like this happen with the new firmware? Also did anyone get a notice pop up before playing a song saying something like caution player may get hot. Wasn't thinking I should of taken a pic? As for the SQ I think it stayed the almost the same. I say this only cause the bass sounds different from the previous firmware. This new firmware sounds like to me it lost just a little bit of that punch from before. But still sounds good. I was liking the previous firmware urrh.
Mike

yeah man i think u r right about the slight slight bass punch being less, i liked the previous sq better as well, next i will not update unless more than one person confirm there is no change in bass punch, thanks god this change is minimal and not big.

still i love the sound quality of the ak380

Mar 17, 2016 at 7:50 PM Post #4,030 of 9,041
yeah man i think u r right about the slight slight bass punch being less, i liked the previous sq better as well, next i will not update unless more than one person confirm there is no change in bass punch, thanks god this change is minimal and not big.

still i love the sound quality of the ak380
I don't understand why they can't just leave the SQ the same when everyone on here was saying how great the previous firmware sounded. Maybe will have another fast update in a week or so again.

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:04 PM Post #4,031 of 9,041
Mine would not download the update. Will try again when I get to SoCal CanJam. Oh wait, maybe I'll take it to Jimmy or Owen and have them update it for me.

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:56 PM Post #4,032 of 9,041
Mine would not download the update. Will try again when I get to SoCal CanJam. Oh wait, maybe I'll take it to Jimmy or Owen and have them update it for me.

Is yours a demo AK380 (32GB version)? I was told by the Japan distributor that the demo versions are limited to fw 1.17 only.

Ignore...I see you have the regular version at 1.19

Mar 17, 2016 at 8:58 PM Post #4,033 of 9,041
I know this was said before throughout posts. It would be nice to have a firmware update to were we have a choice to pick what previous firmware we each liked. Pick & choose. Let's say how about a added block on the screen that can say previous firmware. And click it and choose. That would be a nice touch A&k? Future update?
Mike

Mar 17, 2016 at 9:06 PM Post #4,034 of 9,041
I am not sure as to whether AK is in control of the sonics whenever they make FW updates as there has been really good sounding ones and then there has been ones which were disastrous, throughout my ownership of their players.

However, I must say that this latest FW using the 380Cu in conjunction with the Cu amp sounds sublime to my ears....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back