Astell & Kern AK120 impression thread
Feb 12, 2014 at 1:30 PM Post #541 of 767
I've said it before and I will say it again:  A search feature is a waste of resources, I'd prefer AK to work on the fluidity/stability of their firmware first.

If your music collection is well organized and properly tagged the current UI works very well, is simple to use, and provides similar functionality of an iPhone/iPod with respect to music inventory views and selection.  All songs are 2-3 clicks away.  Artist, Album, Track or Album, Track. 

The search feature seems to be a requirement of those with sloppy music collections who are unable to utilize proper tagging as a means to have the software work as designed.

I would suggest having the ability to scroll by letter (A-Z), this will help navigating larger catalogs.

Feb 12, 2014 at 2:37 PM Post #542 of 767
I refer to search as being able to navigate through long lists of artists or songs etc....a bar like the 240 has that allows quick navigation and the ability to touch a letter and go to that section of your music instantly....right now it is tedious and time consuming to constantly have to flip the pages until i can go from A-Z etc...

Feb 12, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #543 of 767
  I refer to search as being able to navigate through long lists of artists or songs etc....a bar like the 240 has that allows quick navigation and the ability to touch a letter and go to that section of your music instantly....right now it is tedious and time consuming to constantly have to flip the pages until i can go from A-Z etc...

Agreed.  Text search, not so much

Feb 12, 2014 at 5:46 PM Post #544 of 767
If I have a bar on the right side that I can easily access and letters I can use to get to the artist name alphabetically I will be more than satisfied but as it stands now navigating and finding my music is a giant hassle since i have hundreds of artists to look through

Feb 12, 2014 at 8:45 PM Post #545 of 767
It is far from as functional as an iPod, I have absolutely no problems with artists track numbers or albums on iTunes/iPod. It is worth the hassle for the sq and size to use the ak120 though and it is much easier than my HM801.

Feb 13, 2014 at 2:10 AM Post #546 of 767
It is far from as functional as an iPod

I said: similar functionality of an iPhone/iPod with respect to music inventory views and selection. 

Feb 14, 2014 at 9:04 PM Post #547 of 767
Any recommendation for an amp to pair with the AK120?

Feb 16, 2014 at 3:32 PM Post #548 of 767
Feb 16, 2014 at 6:49 PM Post #550 of 767
  Any recommendation for an amp to pair with the AK120?

Well technically you are double amping so any amp you use you wont be technically getting a clean signal that isnt double amping the internal amp with your external amp. that is...unless you go with the red wine Audio S mod that will give you a straight signal from the dap to the amp.

Feb 17, 2014 at 12:24 PM Post #552 of 767

The A-Z scrolling already exist for the ak120...

Feb 17, 2014 at 2:04 PM Post #553 of 767
If you are referring to the almost impossible to use bar on the right hand side i do not consider that a-z scrolling....if i have the case on I cant access that bar at all and even when it is off it is incredibly difficult to use it and even when you can it is terribly imprecise .A real a-z navigation bar would be easy to access,precise and include letter that you can touch to navigate directly to the artists or albums of that letter

Users who are viewing this thread

Back