Are SE535 fatiguing to hear over long session?
Jul 29, 2012 at 3:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Silver

500+ Head-Fier
My first IEM was se215. I sold it because I find it so fatiguing I can only listen to it on bus. I have chance to audition it conveniently but I just can't listen to it long enough to tell whether it is as fatiguing as 215. I hope those who listen to both 215 and 535 can tell me what you think.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Jul 29, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #3 of 16
Odd, I never found the sound of the SE215 at all fatiguing.  In fact I remember buying it at the same time I got a set of Klipsch Image S4s, those caused fatigue within minutes.  They went back to the store and I've kept the SE215s.

Jul 29, 2012 at 5:40 AM Post #5 of 16
If you find SE215 to be particularly fatiguing, I'll suspect you are listening to it louder than you should. No matter how un-fatigue an IEM might sound, once you turn the volume up, everything goes out through the windows.

Jul 29, 2012 at 6:06 AM Post #7 of 16
Quote:
If you find SE215 to be particularly fatiguing, I'll suspect you are listening to it louder than you should. No matter how un-fatigue an IEM might sound, once you turn the volume up, everything goes out through the windows.

I listen to TDK BA200s and Westone 2 and they are far less fatiguing. I am not sure whether I listen to them at volume too high though. 

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:09 AM Post #8 of 16
Could part of your comfort issue be the tips included?

I have an Ety ER-4 paired up with Comply Foam tips.

I can easily listen for 8 plus hours. And am also a low volume listener.

Good Luck, Jim

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #9 of 16
I listen to TDK BA200s and Westone 2 and they are far less fatiguing. I am not sure whether I listen to them at volume too high though. 

Everyone has a different tolerance for a particular frequency spike. You can use EQ to find out what peak sounds more fatiguing to you and avoid any IEM that has those spike. Alternatively, EQ can also help you reduce some of those spike and makes an IEM less fatiguing.

Jul 29, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #10 of 16
Can someone explain fatigue to me? does the sound change over a listening section of lets say 3 hours? I've used many IEMs but never experienced this.
and how does "fatigue" actually sound like?

Jul 29, 2012 at 4:45 PM Post #11 of 16
Quote:
Can someone explain fatigue to me? does the sound change over a listening section of lets say 3 hours? I've used many IEMs but never experienced this.

It doesn't sound like anything.  Rather you feel tired.  

Jul 29, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #12 of 16

This may help explain what some of IEM users feel...

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acoustic_reflex

Jim

Jul 29, 2012 at 5:21 PM Post #13 of 16
I reccomend firstly the Fischer Audio tandem and the. The TDk ba200 for non fatiguing sounds. Technically the BA200 is better of the and almost technically as good as the Shure SE530 IMO. I would go for the TDK or Tandem. The Shures are not fatiguing but do have a mid spike and it's spikes that are fatiguing. There is lil bass and laid back treble though.

Jun 24, 2022 at 2:29 AM Post #15 of 16
I feel that shures have this mid high tuning that might cause the fatigue, I think 535 should be better than the 535ltd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back