Aproear Feedback Thread - Vidal's sub $50(ish) Chi-Fi IEM Reviews
Oct 18, 2017 at 4:12 PM Post #166 of 266
I liked the **** UES a lot but time moves on and they're quite an old model
I was looking for a hybrid over-ear alternative and the best i could find that could fit my needs (max budget 40 bucks) are either the Kinera BD005 or the **** UEs, i'm new to the chi-fi world and so far, from the descriptions and reviews, i couldn't find something better than the ****, isolation, sound and comfort wise. In which way they are old other than the year they are released (i saw 2016)? Do they sound much worse than the CI880? Sorryfor asking so many questions, but every time i plug in the E-MI's, the autopilot kicks in, there hasn't been a day since i discovered this forum in which i don't spend one/two hours reading. It's kind of relaxing reading all the threads, opinions and discussions. Thanks, cheers.

Oct 18, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #167 of 266
I'll dig out my pair and see how they stack up and let you know - won't be till tomorrow as I'm off to bed soon - assuming I can find them.

Oct 18, 2017 at 5:53 PM Post #168 of 266
There's no hurry, i've just barely started to enjoy the E-MI's. Thanks a lot :)
Edit: I like the new format of the review site, one little suggestion if i'm allowed, it would be nice to have a highlighted search box on the main page.

Meantime, i found one more over-ear IEM (LOL) : the UiiSii CM5(i'd like to know how it fares against the **** UEs, i read that it has a single driver, but it sounds very good, although i already ordered the KZ ZS3, a single driver too). Thanks.

Last edited:
Oct 19, 2017 at 2:14 PM Post #169 of 266
OK found the **** UES, I hadn't realised that I'd not finished the review. For one thing they're a +9 earphone I was a little harsh on them awarding a 8 probably because I have slight fit issue with the UES. When I smile they move in my ears losing the seal.

The treble is a little less energetic than with the CI880. They're still a bright earphone and there's a v.slight tendency towards sibilance (high vocal 's' sounds) with certain tracks. I think the CI880 have the edge in terms of detail and clarity. I've only had chance for a quick blast as I'm just off out.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #171 of 266
Hello Vidal,

I don't want to be off-topic, but I wonder if you will ever review the Hifiman RE-400. They're like $50 on the official site and even less on Aliexpress (where I bought mine).

They're simply the most clear and detailed IEMs with fantastic vocals and mids I ever listened to, and the're like a reference for audiophiles it seems. At that price they're a steal IMO.

I think It would be very interesting to compare to some other chifi's favourites.

Oct 20, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #172 of 266
Hello Vidal,

I don't want to be off-topic, but I wonder if you will ever review the Hifiman RE-400. They're like $50 on the official site and even less on Aliexpress (where I bought mine).

They're simply the most clear and detailed IEMs with fantastic vocals and mids I ever listened to, and the're like a reference for audiophiles it seems. At that price they're a steal IMO.

I think It would be very interesting to compare to some other chifi's favourites.

Hi Bruno, my focus is on new and relatively unknown earphones and the RE400 have been around for a while and are well known.

If HiFiman want to send me a pair to evaluate and return I'd be happy to :yum:

Oct 22, 2017 at 1:10 AM Post #173 of 266
Great thread and website Vidal!

I'm hoping you can a suggest a IEM to be worn under a motorcycle full face helmet. I'm after something which is flushed and don't come off as I put my helmet onto. I was thinking about emi or kz

Oct 22, 2017 at 2:54 AM Post #174 of 266
Great thread and website Vidal!

I'm hoping you can a suggest a IEM to be worn under a motorcycle full face helmet. I'm after something which is flushed and don't come off as I put my helmet onto. I was thinking about emi or kz

Emi and the KZ ZS5 and ZS6 will both stick out too far I think.

Best option would be the Seahf Awk-09, I would have also suggested the Winningtone RG EB-601 but that's only available in the UK via Amazon. I haven't seen it anywhere else. Another option is the overear Kinera BD05 - very slim housing decent sound as well.

Oct 22, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #175 of 266
Emi and the KZ ZS5 and ZS6 will both stick out too far I think.

Best option would be the Seahf Awk-09, I would have also suggested the Winningtone RG EB-601 but that's only available in the UK via Amazon. I haven't seen it anywhere else. Another option is the overear Kinera BD05 - very slim housing decent sound as well.

Thank you @vilad for the suggestion and kinera BD05 does look good however I'm going to be a pain and pick you brain again. Other than Seahf and kinera, which IEM would you suggest which is highly rated on your website for a rider.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171023-135608.jpg
    Screenshot_20171023-135608.jpg
    347 KB · Views: 0
Oct 23, 2017 at 12:54 AM Post #177 of 266
Thank you @vilad for the suggestion and kinera BD05 does look good however I'm going to be a pain and pick you brain again. Other than Seahf and kinera, which IEM would you suggest which is highly rated on your website for a rider.

I can only go off the physical size in terms of depth and rating so all of these + 8.5 scorers are possible. It's a long time since I've worn a one but as far as I recall it's the removal of the crash helmet that's most likely to be the tricky part as you can hold them when putting them on. Here's my thoughts: -
  • Ty HiZ G3 - open backed but doesn't appear to allow too much external noise through
  • Einsear T2 - slight concern about 'fakes'
  • Mannhas E170 - (C190 probably as well) - probably impossible to find now
  • Tingo IE800 - hard to find
  • Memt X5 - probably a good option + v-shaped sound which might work in that environment
  • Toneking TS1 - over ear but maybe a bit flimsy
  • UiiSii Hi805 - could be a bit large but depends on your ears
  • KZ ZSE - cable is very microphonic

Oct 23, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #178 of 266
I can only go off the physical size in terms of depth and rating so all of these + 8.5 scorers are possible. It's a long time since I've worn a one but as far as I recall it's the removal of the crash helmet that's most likely to be the tricky part as you can hold them when putting them on. Here's my thoughts: -
  • Ty HiZ G3 - open backed but doesn't appear to allow too much external noise through
  • Einsear T2 - slight concern about 'fakes'
  • Mannhas E170 - (C190 probably as well) - probably impossible to find now
  • Tingo IE800 - hard to find
  • Memt X5 - probably a good option + v-shaped sound which might work in that environment
  • Toneking TS1 - over ear but maybe a bit flimsy
  • UiiSii Hi805 - could be a bit large but depends on your ears
  • KZ ZSE - cable is very microphonic
of the above i'd go with the memt, which isolate very well and are very unobtrusive--i use 'em alot at the gym. the g3 and t2 both sound vg but don't isolate as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back