Aproear Feedback Thread - Vidal's sub $50(ish) Chi-Fi IEM Reviews
Oct 4, 2017 at 5:40 PM Post #136 of 266
I finally received the Einsear T2, I'm probably the only one but I'm very disappointed. The sound signature doesn't sound balanced to me or not the right spot. There seems to be a bump in the upper mids-lower highs that makes sound sometimes boxish and sometimes cold. There something lacking in the bass section that could give that energy, not a major problem though.
The mids can sound a bit distant, the worst part is that it can sound congested and fatiguing. I can't hear the clarity and layering everybody talks about. It's not that airy and can't hear the details I can pick up on "lower end" alternatives like Sony MH1C or Philips 3580? Even the KZ ATR seems more airy.
I was expecting something very different... burn in necessary maybe?

Just to be clear, do the UF hifi and CI880 sound similar? At least I know what to avoid :p

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #137 of 266
That doesn't sound like my impression of the T2, or any one else for that matter.

I recently bought some Einsear earphones (Bro and Cut) I was massively disappointed by them. They were so poor that I wondered whether they were genuine considering how good the T2 were in comparison.

Out of curiosity who was the seller?

Oct 5, 2017 at 2:49 AM Post #138 of 266
That doesn't sound like my impression of the T2, or any one else for that matter.

I recently bought some Einsear earphones (Bro and Cut) I was massively disappointed by them. They were so poor that I wondered whether they were genuine considering how good the T2 were in comparison.

Out of curiosity who was the seller?
Original EINSEAR T2 In Ear Earphone Dynamic 3.5mm Stereo Headset Earbuds Aerospace Aluminum Alloy Earphones
http://s.aliexpress.com/bquEvAJF
(from AliExpress Android)

Bought it from here, but yeah it can sound congested, especially songs I know. Could be just me.

Oct 5, 2017 at 6:42 AM Post #139 of 266
I finally received the Einsear T2, I'm probably the only one but I'm very disappointed. The sound signature doesn't sound balanced to me or not the right spot. There seems to be a bump in the upper mids-lower highs that makes sound sometimes boxish and sometimes cold. There something lacking in the bass section that could give that energy, not a major problem though.
The mids can sound a bit distant, the worst part is that it can sound congested and fatiguing. I can't hear the clarity and layering everybody talks about. It's not that airy and can't hear the details I can pick up on "lower end" alternatives like Sony MH1C or Philips 3580? Even the KZ ATR seems more airy.
I was expecting something very different... burn in necessary maybe?

Just to be clear, do the UF hifi and CI880 sound similar? At least I know what to avoid :p

I can see why someone wouldn't like them.

I have them, and it took me a few days to get used to them. They do sound a bit harsh and fatiguing at first. And their highs and high mids don't sound very refined, compared to other IEM's under 100$. However, they do have a generally balanced sound.

Oct 5, 2017 at 7:38 AM Post #140 of 266
I can see why someone wouldn't like them.

I have them, and it took me a few days to get used to them. They do sound a bit harsh and fatiguing at first. And their highs and high mids don't sound very refined, compared to other IEM's under 100$. However, they do have a generally balanced sound.

Did they change with burnin or was it just you? Yup they're really not refined, but from reviews I thought mids were their forte.

Oct 5, 2017 at 7:42 AM Post #141 of 266
Did they change with burnin or was it just you? Yup they're really not refined, but from reviews I thought mids were their forte.

I think it was a combination of drive burn in and "brain burn in".

However, despite that, they did replace my ATR's as my commute IEM. The ATR's lack the detail and control in the bass. They sound more pleasant, but not better.

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2017 at 11:50 AM Post #142 of 266
Original EINSEAR T2 In Ear Earphone Dynamic 3.5mm Stereo Headset Earbuds Aerospace Aluminum Alloy Earphones
http://s.aliexpress.com/bquEvAJF
Bought it from here, but yeah it can sound congested, especially songs I know. Could be just me.

AK Audio are a reputable seller so I doubt they're copies.

Oct 6, 2017 at 12:48 AM Post #147 of 266
Can't really r e c o m m e n d one over the other both have good points, a lot will depend on the preference of the user and their treble sensitivity

Oct 9, 2017 at 1:27 PM Post #148 of 266
Hi Vidal,

Just wondering - considering the praise bosshifi b3 got on your site, do you plan to review the bosshifi b3s?

My toddler destroyed my KZ ZS5 yesterday and I was contemplating pulling the trigger on E-MI CI880 or Bosshifi B3, but the B3s caught my eye.

From the manufacturer description it seems, that it should be even more balanced than b3, which, based on some frequency measurements I have seen on this site do accentuate mids quite a bit.

Your suggestion will be much appreciated.

Oct 9, 2017 at 2:22 PM Post #149 of 266
BossHifi B3S is probably too similar to the B3. I pay for my own review earphones so I'll only review an 'updated' version if it's something I'm interested myself, the B3S has lost the wood body so I'm less inclined to give it a try.

Next hybrids for review are the ASY Unity Hybrids although they seem a bit slow in dispatching them.

Oct 9, 2017 at 3:48 PM Post #150 of 266
Good People:
We're adding a bunch of new abridged reviews to the site, as well as some quick album reviews (just to remind ourselves to ocassionally stop fondling our IEM and actually listen to music). Your comments, praise, criticisms etc. would be most welcome.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back