Apple Touch 6G 128GB - Info and impressions 5G vs 6G
Aug 5, 2015 at 8:15 PM Post #93 of 161
In theory different players connected to the same DAC Should sound equal but my listening results have proved different.

To me that's not a satifactory answer as I'm very aware of the human factor. Proper listening tests require immediate volume matched A/B switching due to the short term of our auditory memory and Equal Loudness Contours. Anything else falls prey to our own foibles. We are very easily tricked by none other than ourselves which makes it very hard to realize.

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:02 PM Post #94 of 161
In theory different players connected to the same DAC Should sound equal but my listening results have proved different.

On the contrary, I find that answer satisfactory. :wink:

On a serious note, I have no idea why they should sound different as a transport, and I know I'd never know the difference, but there are a number of people that do claim to hear a difference.

Aug 5, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #95 of 161
On the contrary, I find that answer satisfactory.
wink.gif

On a serious note, I have no idea why they should sound different as a transport, and I know I'd never know the difference, but there are a number of people that do claim to hear a difference.

It's called experimenter's or expectation bias. You can look up cognitive biases.

Aug 7, 2015 at 10:23 AM Post #96 of 161
Because i have no need to use an Ipod Touch for music on the go (I have an Fiio X5 for that) I have decided that to feed Tidal/Qobuz etc. to a DAC (instead of my bulkier iPad) the 32 gb version of the 6G hits the pricing sweet spot. Ordered one today.

Aug 7, 2015 at 6:07 PM Post #99 of 161
It tells you whether it works well with your balanced armature in-ears. If the devices impedance is too high for your in-ears, it'll mess up the frequency response.

Aug 13, 2015 at 9:31 PM Post #104 of 161
I received my iPod a Touch 6G 32 gig a few days ago and so far I'm quite impressed with the sound when hooked up to my DACs with the camera connection kit. I have spent a fair bit of time with TIdal and Qobuz, I've also been streaming FLAC from my NAS with good results through Creation 5 and other players. I find the sound pretty much the same as my iPad connected to a DAC, which suits me just fine. I was looking for a more compact solution for high quality streaming services and FLACs on my network. I have not played music directly from the new Touch because that's not something I normally do. I have a FIIO X5 for my rare bouts of mobile listening.

Aug 14, 2015 at 7:13 AM Post #105 of 161
I received my iPod a Touch 6G 32 gig a few days ago and so far I'm quite impressed with the sound when hooked up to my DACs with the camera connection kit. I have spent a fair bit of time with TIdal and Qobuz, I've also been streaming FLAC from my NAS with good results through Creation 5 and other players. I find the sound pretty much the same as my iPad connected to a DAC, which suits me just fine. I was looking for a more compact solution for high quality streaming services and FLACs on my network. I have not played music directly from the new Touch because that's not something I normally do. I have a FIIO X5 for my rare bouts of mobile listening.

Next time you hit the road, "Try it, you'll like it."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back