Apple Touch 6G 128GB - Info and impressions 5G vs 6G
Jul 25, 2015 at 7:21 AM Post #61 of 161
  After "critical" listening for a few hours i came to the conclusion that the iPod in Gold has a bit more sparkle in the Highs, while the Gray Version has the overall better
bottom and midend. Soundstage was better on the new Red Version, more depth and width. The Blue Version was a bit on the warmer side of the spectrum. Glad to
see that Apple thought about everyone with their special needs when they designed those iPods. 
wink.gif

So you say Apple released different color versions to suit different sound?.....

Jul 25, 2015 at 7:53 AM Post #63 of 161
yes, the red version has the most immersive soundstage of all of them. but is lacking a bit in microdetails 
biggrin.gif

Jul 25, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #65 of 161
I did a bit of swapping back and forth via the headphone out. The differences are still there between 5G and 6G as i have listed above, but they are a bit more subtle.

I am sure that the new Touch could be non fatiguing to listen to for an extended period of time.

I find i cant listen to the 5G for so long unless i have it strapped to my Hifi-M8.

Looking forward to others impressions between 5g and 6g and see if they confirm or deny my simple impressions.

Plus my brain and ears are getting muddled at this stage.

@ExpatinJapan out of curiosity, do the cases you use for the 5g also work seamlessly with your 6g?  Not many case manufacturers are showing updates to their offerings...

Jul 25, 2015 at 12:19 PM Post #66 of 161
A true audiophile strives for a neutral sound, in that case I recommend white.
tongue.gif

Jul 25, 2015 at 1:04 PM Post #67 of 161

@ExpatinJapan out of curiosity, do the cases you use for the 5g also work seamlessly with your 6g?  Not many case manufacturers are showing updates to their offerings...

There are now two 6g iPods in my family and both are in 5g cases. Perfect fit. Some 5g cases have a lanyard cut outs. Some don't. Those that don't probably will receive updated packaging. Apple Store in my area pulled all their 5g cases off the shelves so I ordered on line. Local Apple staff don't seem to know the dimensions of the 5g and 6g are the same. Cases should be a none issue. 

Jul 26, 2015 at 12:13 AM Post #70 of 161
Tested the 5G vs the 6G with Centrance mini-m8.
The mini-m8 doesn't have as much detail or power as the Hifi-m8 but i basically ended up with similar results to the earlier tests.

5G is a bit warmer, a bit 'duller' sounding, vocals can be too forward.
6G is crisper, more highs, back ground instruments and melody more audible, vocals and music volume more evenly matched.

6e265e2de058d294f608353c85f452ac.jpg

Aug 3, 2015 at 9:50 AM Post #73 of 161
I did a bit of swapping back and forth via the headphone out. The differences are still there between 5G and 6G as i have listed above, but they are a bit more subtle.

I am sure that the new Touch could be non fatiguing to listen to for an extended period of time.

I find i cant listen to the 5G for so long unless i have it strapped to my Hifi-M8.

Looking forward to others impressions between 5g and 6g and see if they confirm or deny my simple impressions.

Plus my brain and ears are getting muddled at this stage.

I have two 64GB Touch 5g.  What I like about that version is the ruler flat FQ response and ultra low output Z.  From your listening impressions, do you think the 6g is equally good?  I wish someone has tested the 6g's output Z.

Aug 3, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #74 of 161
I am impressed with the 6G. I am hoping that it isnt because of a slight V shape or similar.
Recent ones have been flat so we will just have to wait and see.
I do find it more richer and revealing(the 6G).

Aug 3, 2015 at 6:45 PM Post #75 of 161
I'm thinking wifey will have to give me an early bday present...I always enjoyed the 5g and since I sold my AK240 and my zx2 is missing... This will fill the gap while I decide on my next super DAP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back