Apple Touch 6G 128GB - Info and impressions 5G vs 6G
Aug 14, 2015 at 8:04 AM Post #106 of 161
I know I am going to get ridiculed for saying this but with the new update iOS 8.4.1, the clarity and therefore the imaging has materially improved. Yes, I am using the iPod Touch 6th solely as a digital storage device so a software update should not effect the sound but all I can pass along are my observations.

Aug 15, 2015 at 8:25 AM Post #107 of 161
I know I am going to get ridiculed for saying this but with the new update iOS 8.4.1, the clarity and therefore the imaging has materially improved. Yes, I am using the iPod Touch 6th solely as a digital storage device so a software update should not effect the sound but all I can pass along are my observations.

Perhaps you expected it to be so and that influenced your subjective experience. That's how humans roll, so why not just enjoy the new toy.

Aug 15, 2015 at 9:02 AM Post #108 of 161
I tested the iPod Touch Gen 6 128 for a week and got it back again sent because,

I use an iPhone 6+ 128GB as telephone and mobiele Music an iPhone 5s 64GB

I could no difference to the sound quality for 5s notice and I half a year ago for almost

the same price get. The 5s is just as fast despite A7 CPU Touch ID, 3G / 4G, GPS,

Light sensor, and much more. The dimensions are almost the same nice and compact.

I still have a AK 120II and the Sony Walkman NW-ZX2 both very good But players in a different league.

my personal opinion for audio quality

first the AK 120II

second the NW-ZX2

third iPhone 5s

but the iPod Touch is not worse but not better than the iPhone 5s and 6+ they sound almost the same for

the 5s even best. The iPhone 6s is soon out drum can conveniently get the 5s

Aug 15, 2015 at 9:11 AM Post #109 of 161
  Perhaps you expected it to be so and that influenced your subjective experience. That's how humans roll, so why not just enjoy the new toy.

When will folks understand that players are not just digital storage devices when not using their DACs. The codecs/players, buffers, background processes and powers supplies affect performance.

Aug 15, 2015 at 12:39 PM Post #112 of 161
When will folks understand that players are not just digital storage devices when not using their DACs. The codecs/players, buffers, background processes and powers supplies affect performance.

Agreed. And their are difference in USB receiver quality on external Dacs to affect 'transport' sound. And firmware can sound different if digital filters are changed/employed. But people are all to happy to paint with a broad brush without knowing specifics.

Aug 15, 2015 at 8:31 PM Post #113 of 161

Is there some reason to assume that most people don't understand this? I think they do. ... perhaps with the exception of power supplies. And it's not like the power supply options for the iPad Touch are plentiful.

Aug 16, 2015 at 8:33 AM Post #114 of 161
I can assure you I had no expectation bias but who knows if it was my brain or the iPod that was updated.

Don't tell me you got an unwilling Microsoft Windoze Update and haven't felt the same since.

Aug 16, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #118 of 161
Never had a Windows update. I am complete tribe member (iMac, iPod, iPad and iPhone). Only at my office am I forced to use Windows and I detest Word and the Microsoft OS.

I think Microsoft likes to throw a rotten fish at it's customer base for every other major release. Vista and Windoze 8 are examples. Jumping to 10 is just a trick to confuse us. I believe that anyone taking the free upgrade to 10 is allowing Microsfoft to read the email and documents. This should prove to be a problem for businesses that have to ensure confidentiality or people that don't want Redmond's prying eyes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back