Apple Touch 6G 128GB - Info and impressions 5G vs 6G
Nov 2, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #138 of 161
  I only have the nano, not the Oppo. So, it's either I get the Oppo or the iPod Touch.

Oh, how I wish! Chord Hugo is way too expensive for me.

The Chord Mojo is 599.00USD so way more reasonable priced then the hugo. The HA2 is a VERY good AMP/DAC, the touch is great but ultimately its up to you.

Nov 2, 2015 at 9:13 PM Post #140 of 161
well with the limited income if i were you I would take baby steps and make your way up slowly. The HA2 should sound great with your Nano plus you could hook the HA2 up to your computer.

Nov 2, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #141 of 161
The ipod nano 7G has great sound. If you arent running out of memory keep it.

I would say the ipod Touch 6G plays well on its own. Also there are many audio apps one can use.

What headphones are you using?

Nov 2, 2015 at 9:56 PM Post #143 of 161
I agree it has pretty good sound, especially for the size. After comparing it with my dad's iphone 5s, there's a noticeable difference. So I want to upgrade the sound. I don't put lossless music on it, so memory should be fine for now.

As far as portable headphones go, I use a VSonic GR07 Classic and a Sennheiser Momentum Over-Ear.

Nov 3, 2015 at 1:28 AM Post #144 of 161
Good headphones then.no problem there.

So you want more power perhaps. Maybe just start with a Fiio E6. A nice cheap entry level amp.

There will also be a difference when you go to lossless. Perhaps load one or two lossless versions of your favorite albums on your nano and compare with the music you have now(same album).

Does your dad have an old iphone he doesnt use anymore. They can be used as music player only too with no sim card. Another option.

Nov 3, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #145 of 161
Already have the Fiio. Preferred the iPod's headphone out better though.

I keep lossless on my computer and then compress it for my iPod. There is just no point putting lossless on a 16gb iPod. You won't even hear a difference because of the outside noise.

And no, he doesn't.

Dec 28, 2015 at 2:01 AM Post #146 of 161
Helo everyone, i just got a 6g iPod Touch and decided to use my own set of earphones instead of the stocked EarPods. As the music poured out, I noticed an increased bass response. Its really exaggerated, and this is with the default EQ. Then i used the EarPods and it all sounded great and balances. I had to reduce the bass in the Eq to enjoy my other headphones. Anyone else experienced this? Is the default EQ specially tuned for the EarPods?

Dec 28, 2015 at 2:16 AM Post #147 of 161
What earphones are you using?
And it also depends in what tips you use.

The stock player also isn't so good.

Try apps such as Equ, flacplayer, kaisertone, relisten lite, macintosh, equalizer.

Dec 28, 2015 at 2:20 AM Post #148 of 161
Helo everyone, i just got a 6g iPod Touch and decided to use my own set of earphones instead of the stocked EarPods. As the music poured out, I noticed an increased bass response. Its really exaggerated, and this is with the default EQ. Then i used the EarPods and it all sounded great and balances. I had to reduce the bass in the Eq to enjoy my other headphones. Anyone else experienced this? Is the default EQ specially tuned for the EarPods?

I don't know if the default EQ settings were tuned using the EarPods. The argument for that is that they include them with the iPod. The argument against that is that many iPods are hooked into home stereo systems, car stereo systems, portable speakers etc., and I doubt Apple would ignore that.

This all said, having listened to the iPod on various stereos, in cars, and with many different earphones and full-size cans, the standard settings seem pretty linear to me. While I've played around with EQ settings on my iPod, I have never felt the need to significantly reduce or increase bass because an earphone was unlistenable otherwise.

Sounds like your earphones may be what audiophiles refer to as "bass-head" phones. That is, headphones tuned with an exaggerated bass response. What's the make and model?

Dec 28, 2015 at 2:25 AM Post #149 of 161
Im using Monster N-ergy, which is widely considered a bass-light IEM. And its the truth, it has a very subtle bass line , some people have gone as far as calling it "disturbingly lacking" or even "nonexisting". I may just have to download an additional equalizer to do some moré tweaks and see if this can improve some moré. When i use the EarPods in my cellphone i find the bass very lacking, maybe thats why its so boosted in the default EQ

Dec 28, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #150 of 161
Im using Monster N-ergy, which is widely considered a bass-light IEM. And its the truth, it has a very subtle bass line , some people have gone as far as calling it "disturbingly lacking" or even "nonexisting". I may just have to download an additional equalizer to do some moré tweaks and see if this can improve some moré. When i use the EarPods in my cellphone i find the bass very lacking, maybe thats why its so boosted in the default EQ

Hmm. Often when people dislike a perceived bass increase, they are actually reacting to an overall more muffled and incoherent sound, lacking clarity and detail. Is that what you are experiencing with the Monsters, or is it good clean bass where the detail and clarity you're hearing from the stock EarPods is retained?

If it's the former, that would make sense, as earphones that are very bass-light can become overburdened easily and the sound can degrade and just sound like a bassy mess... Seems counter-intuitive, I know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back