Apple Touch 6G 128GB - Info and impressions 5G vs 6G
Aug 17, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #123 of 161
Can someone tell me x5 vs ipod touch 6g which has better audio quality in terms of ss and clarity

I own both. When connected directly to headphones (of which I have a few) it is my opinion that the X5 is better. It also seems better able to deal with more demanding headphones. But as you know, different devices and headphones have different synergies. I am relating only what I've heard with my headphones. Connected to a DAC both are pretty much the same, as would be expected. Of course, the Touch allows you to do much more, such as use music streaming services.

Aug 17, 2015 at 10:52 AM Post #124 of 161
I own both. When connected directly to headphones (of which I have a few) it is my opinion that the X5 is better. It also seems better able to deal with more demanding headphones. But as you know, different devices and headphones have different synergies. I am relating only what I've heard with my headphones. Connected to a DAC both are pretty much the same, as would be expected. Of course, the Touch allows you to do much more, such as use music streaming services.
that's good to know :blush:.. May I know what headphones u have?

Aug 18, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #125 of 161
that's good to know :blush:.. May I know what headphones u have?

You can see my headphones in my profile. Of those that I own, I particularly enjoy the AKG 550s with the X5. These are easier to driver than other AKGs. The Westone IEMs are also good, and, of course, extremely portable. The AKG Q701s are hard to drive, but are better than I thought they would be. However, I don't think the X5 has the necessary power to make the most of these. Strangely the Beyerdynamic DT150s, which are also not easy to drive, sound pretty good. I`m not much of a basshead, so that influences my headphone preferences. Unfortunately since I posted my previous reply  the X5 and iPod Touch are in different locations so I can't conduct any further direct comparisons at the moment.

Aug 18, 2015 at 7:53 PM Post #127 of 161
I am still quite surprised by the the sound quality from my new Touch.

Trying it yesterday with a few dac/amps and also ifi purifier which I recently won on head-fi.

Its very close.

Aug 19, 2015 at 3:20 AM Post #128 of 161
I am still quite surprised by the the sound quality from my new Touch.

Trying it yesterday with a few dac/amps and also ifi purifier which I recently won on head-fi.

Its very close.

I suspect that the sound quality comes mainly from the DAC/Amp one would be using.

Aug 27, 2015 at 2:23 AM Post #130 of 161
Sorry, i meant the sound straight from the headphone jack of the ipod Touch 6G 128GB is very close to using it with external dac/amps.

I've always liked the ruler-flat frequency response of iPod Touch 5th gen.  Perhaps the 6th is same or better?

Oct 16, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #132 of 161

I've always liked the ruler-flat frequency response of iPod Touch 5th gen.  Perhaps the 6th is same or better?

This is the only test I could uncover so far....

http://fixerhpa.blog.fc2.com/blog-entry-305.html

(For translation to English I used Google Chrome browser). 

Nov 2, 2015 at 8:48 PM Post #135 of 161
  Any advice on what to get?

1) Oppo HA-2 connected to an iPod Nano 7G (already own a nano)

2) or an iPod Touch 6G using headphone out (extra features aside)

I have the iPod touch 5g with the HA2 streaming Tidal and this is a sound that is hard to beat. I'm also getting a loan Chord Mojo and will be comparing that to the HA2.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back