Apple IEM - most underrated IEMs on the market
Jul 24, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #541 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by MusicL0ver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i was reading all the posts
and some posts said they got it for ~$20ish?!

how/where do you get that from? o_O

eBay, my friend, eBay.

There are a few trustworthy eBay seller that will sell you a genuine ADDIEM for ~$30, and you can find all of them being mentioned in this thread.

Jul 24, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #542 of 779
I took a look before I posted that msg.

its either 70 or $10
while 10.. i feel it is not real for sure (picture isnt even real lol)
$70 plus the s/h will cost more than buying from apple store lol

Jul 24, 2009 at 5:51 AM Post #543 of 779
Jul 24, 2009 at 6:52 AM Post #545 of 779
Compatible as earphone, not as headset. Only with iPhone 3GS that you get to use it as headset.

Quote:

The remote and mic are supported only by iPod nano (4th generation), iPod classic (120GB), iPod touch (2nd generation), and iPhone 3GS. The remote is supported by iPod shuffle (3rd generation). Audio is supported by all iPod models. Linky.

Jul 24, 2009 at 7:44 AM Post #548 of 779
I discovered some fakes during recent visits to a Chinese auction website. They're labelled as "factory sealed" and priced around 15-20 dollars. Those that appear more authentic cost significantly more, even for the headset only and no accessories.

Jul 24, 2009 at 12:52 PM Post #549 of 779
There are several sellers on ebay selling the real deal, onedollar28, 7dime and gamernation89. Price varies from $29.99 to $39.99. There seems to be an endless supply of these phones from those three sellers, which is good for anyone who wants to pick up a pair for their collection.

Jul 24, 2009 at 8:01 PM Post #550 of 779
Really digging the ADDIEM with these tips:
ADDIEMTip.jpg

Improves stereo separation/width substantially, and I'm really glad I kept some Shure tips around or else I don't think I'd ever make use of the yellow foams or the otherwise awful, nigh-unusable ClearFlex. The mids are pushed back a little but this is entirely fixed with the XXS, which rockets the mids forward.

Jul 24, 2009 at 9:40 PM Post #552 of 779
It's a small ClearFlex with the core of the yellow Shure foamie wedged in until it touches the metal mesh, with the small Apple tip put over the remainder of the foamie core. It's actually very secure and I believe the SoftFlex is the among the few tips that could work as the base since it's so firm. The result is that the metal mesh is about half an inch from the end of the tip (which has a consistent aperture throughout), doing wonderful things to the width of the soundstage. I have narrow but long ear canals so it works very well. The Apple tip could be substituted with a Sony Hybrid tip or other tip very easily (even foam stuffed between the shroom and stalk); I just worked with what I had.

Jul 24, 2009 at 9:56 PM Post #553 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by tygger /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ADDIEM are compatible with iPhone as a headset. The volume control works only with Touch 2G and iPhone 3GS. The mic and center control button will work with any iPhone.

as long as the mic works then im all good
redface.gif

anyone can recommend me a seller that ships to Canada that is legit?

Jul 24, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #555 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by thechungster /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I still haven't heard these yet. Still want to. Since their release..I have only seen these in public once.

Join the group of people that defected from the IE 8 to the ADDIEM and sold off the former..
evil_smiley.gif

Think about it.. it'll pay nicely for the amp you're looking for your coming HF-2..

And the ADDIEM responds very well to amping..

evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back