Apple IEM - most underrated IEMs on the market
Jul 21, 2009 at 2:20 PM Post #526 of 779
Yeah, the ADDIEM are mostly a neutral option. I'm not sure what either IEMs in their range compete in terms of even-handedness in the entire spectrum (I haven't been in the low-end for a while, but apparently there's a lot of competition now), but I'd guess the only significant step up with this kind of sound would be something like an RE0. They offer a sound reproduction that I could only describe as honest.

Jul 21, 2009 at 2:42 PM Post #527 of 779
Hi,

Do these Apple in-ear headphones have international warranty ?
I'm planning to get one from eBay but it looks like most seller do not ship them internationally or the shipping price is just ridiculous.

Jul 21, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #529 of 779
Listened to it yesterday. I don't like sound of it.... Not bad, but still...

Jul 21, 2009 at 4:05 PM Post #531 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vladimir_F1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Listened to it yesterday. I don't like sound of it.... Not bad, but still...

May be a sound signature thing. They're much more neutral than what you've been listening to, not as tailored to excitement.

Jul 21, 2009 at 11:13 PM Post #533 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not sure, but I had read someplace that all you need to do is bring them into an Apple Store and they will replace them, but I have no way of knowing that to be the case.

You are correct I had mine replaced in the Glasgow Apple store yesterday. No issues and no need to see my receipt

Jul 21, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #534 of 779
Just got hold of a set of Sony hybrid tips and these make all the difference.

Before I got the Sony tips the ADDIEMs were next to useless, I'm astounded at how much of a difference the Sony hybrids have made.

Apple should bite the bullet and ask Sony to supply the hybrids for inclusion as standard with the ADDIEMs but you and I both know that won't happen.

Jul 21, 2009 at 11:30 PM Post #535 of 779
I'm pretty confident my ears are tip-agnostic. Even with the IE 8 I detected very little subtle difference going from single-flanges to bi-flanges to foams. I've tried some Shure tips on the ADDIEM and there's not much of a difference for me.

Jul 22, 2009 at 12:01 AM Post #536 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by gjohnston /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are correct I had mine replaced in the Glasgow Apple store yesterday. No issues and no need to see my receipt

Good to know. Hope it's true for every Apple Store. As for the hybrids, I just think they are great, with the ADDIEMs, with the HiFiMAN RE3s (pre-production) I have, pretty much with any canalphone (large sound tube) I've tried. Others may not have the same experience, but I was really lucky to stumble into them when I got a free pair of Sony EX36B phones with Sony VISA points and they came with a set of four hybrids.

Jul 22, 2009 at 12:15 AM Post #537 of 779
Quote:

Originally Posted by tstarn06 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Good to know. Hope it's true for every Apple Store.

Yup. Apple will start only asking questions when it's been one year since the ADDIEM was released (since the warranty is a 1-year limited warranty). Every Apple Store offers instant replacements within a year since an Apple product was released without a necessary proof of purchase, so even us eBayers are covered for a while. I figured that out when I replaced my iPhone 3G twice (which I traded another phone for, so original ownership wasn't even mine).

Jul 23, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #538 of 779
I am thinking about getting the ADDIEM's, and I wanted to know how do they compare to the IM716, and/or the Xtremmac/future sonics fs1's.
I like the IM716 for it's SQ and detail, and I like the FS1 for being a fun IEM.
I listen to indie rock, art rock and jazz.
Do you think I will enjoy the apple headphones?

Jul 23, 2009 at 7:28 PM Post #539 of 779
Just got a pair of ADDIEMs yesterday as backups to my IE7s since those are going in for repair. They remind me a lot the Phonaks, very balanced and neutral. Bass is obviously less than the IE7, but there's enough. They are a lot better than I was expecting, so I might be keeping these as a secondary set. I guess it's good to have a dynamic and a BA both in your inventory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back