AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Mar 21, 2020 at 7:02 PM Post #3,721 of 4,614
I'm seeing different performance than you are. I have standby enabled and it drains nearly no battery over many hours.

i just tested mine again and with standby on, playing off, screen off, im loosing 1% per hour

hidisz claims 35 days standby time in two places on the amazon page and even 'half a year' in one place

by this test im getting only 4 days right now i figure. and dont know why

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2020 at 4:16 PM Post #3,723 of 4,614
i just tested mine again and with standby on, playing off, screen off, im loosing 1% per hour

hidisz claims 35 days standby time in two places on the amazon page and even 'half a year' in one place

by this test im getting only 4 days right now i figure. and dont know why

I just documented my standby battery usage - I have Idle Timer set to 5 minutes, and Sleep Timer off. Pausing at 19:00 last night with 95%, unpausing at 06:00 this morning with 93%. Pausing at 06:20 still showing 93%, unpausing at 14:00 with 92%.

So, that's maybe 6% loss per 24 hours, or 16 days of standby. Maybe they're defining "standby" as "sleep" which is a completely different thing, as when it goes to sleep it's essentially off.

Mar 24, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #3,724 of 4,614
I just documented my standby battery usage - I have Idle Timer set to 5 minutes, and Sleep Timer off. Pausing at 19:00 last night with 95%, unpausing at 06:00 this morning with 93%. Pausing at 06:20 still showing 93%, unpausing at 14:00 with 92%.

So, that's maybe 6% loss per 24 hours, or 16 days of standby. Maybe they're defining "standby" as "sleep" which is a completely different thing, as when it goes to sleep it's essentially off.

so with standby your getting 4X longer then me then

i noticed my headhpone cable button doesnt seem to work when its on standby,

i shut my standby off and put my idle timer to 10 min

i only use ap80 when im out, when im home i just power it down. may laptop has a high res audio chip in it too which i use to play music at home

Mar 31, 2020 at 1:53 PM Post #3,726 of 4,614
I found the perfect AP80 storage case on Amazon, the Sunmns Mini Storage Carrying Pouch
It's a tight fit and the zipper isn't the greatest but so far I really like it.
Sunmns Mini Storage Carrying Pouch.jpg

Mar 31, 2020 at 2:07 PM Post #3,727 of 4,614
I found the perfect AP80 storage case on Amazon, the Sunmns Mini Storage Carrying Pouch

nice.

i dont use any case or protector of any kind, i dont even have the clear screen protector on the screen.

and not one scratch after 600 hours of use

i live a very slow and boring (and careful) life so i dont really need them

also i used wired headhpones and the ap80 seems to really grab hard onto the headphone jack, which helps stop it from smashing on the ground if dropped

i worry more about damaging the screen or battery when im out walking in the cold. i try to keep the player in my hand and my hand in my pocket

Apr 1, 2020 at 4:53 PM Post #3,728 of 4,614
I haven't used my AP80 for several months now it won't charge. It will power up but then I get a msg that battery is exhausted, shutting down. When I plug it into USB to charge I get nothing. If I understand the battery is not replaceable so am I just screwed?

Apr 2, 2020 at 1:56 PM Post #3,732 of 4,614
I ejected the memory card and then powered up and this time it stayed on long enough for me to go into settings and change to 'Dock' mode. Now it's charging. :^ /

my ap80 shows the little lightening (charging) symbol on the battery when i have the usb cable connected no matter which usb mode im in (storage, audio, or dock)

Apr 2, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #3,733 of 4,614
Yeah, didn't really make sense to me either but it's been so long since I used it I couldn't remember if you had to change to 'storage' or 'dock' to charge USB. Before I did that I got nothing even with an AC adapter.

Apr 4, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #3,735 of 4,614
I have an interesting question for you all. For a purchase decision purely from a audio quality stand point would it make more sense to get this or the ifi Hip Dac. They're both precisely the same price

Users who are viewing this thread

Back