AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Nov 14, 2019 at 6:43 AM Post #3,527 of 4,614
Hi all

Have just got one of these little players and really like it

Alas, mine seems to have a slightly wobbly volume wheel

Worth returning (to amazon) or is it fine and doesn't develop into a further fault or falling off?

Thanks

Nov 14, 2019 at 6:47 AM Post #3,528 of 4,614
Hi all

Worth returning (to amazon) or is it fine and doesn't develop into a further fault or falling off?

Thanks

They're all like that. Just be careful with it. Mine been no problem for over a year now. Brilliant little DAP!

Nov 14, 2019 at 10:30 AM Post #3,529 of 4,614
Hi all

Thanks
Amazon does have a very generous return policy.

Nov 14, 2019 at 11:01 AM Post #3,530 of 4,614
Hi all

Thanks

if i grab mine with two fingers, one on each side, i can rock my volume knob back and forth a bit. about 1mm each side, so yes i think its normal. unless you have more than that

here is some tips i compiled to help you with your new ap80
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/ap8...es-music-player.878141/page-221#post-15250661

Nov 14, 2019 at 12:03 PM Post #3,532 of 4,614
Cheers, to be fair it's probably less than 1mm but noticeable, I'll see how it goes

i dont notice mine unless i deliberately grab it on either side with two fingers and rock it side to side

the volume knob is not super easy to turn with just the thumb, sometimes i find myself deliberately using two fingers for more precision. but you dont need to use the volume much at all if you add replay gain tags to your files as i described in my tips list

they could remove the knob and just add two volume buttons instead

then the play button can act as the power button: hold 3 seconds for screen off, hold 5 seconds for power off, hold 10 seconds for forced off

or also add another power button, instead of using play button

Nov 14, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #3,533 of 4,614
i dont notice mine unless i deliberately grab it on either side with two fingers and rock it side to side

the volume knob is not super easy to turn with just the thumb, sometimes i find myself deliberately using two fingers for more precision. but you dont need to use the volume much at all if you add replay gain tags to your files as i described in my tips list

they could remove the knob and just add two volume buttons instead

then the play button can act as the power button: hold 3 seconds for screen off, hold 5 seconds for power off, hold 10 seconds for forced off

or also add another power button, instead of using play button
You can also access volume on the swipe up menu if you don’t want to use the knob...

Nov 14, 2019 at 4:08 PM Post #3,534 of 4,614
You can also access volume on the swipe up menu if you don’t want to use the knob...

u have to turn the knob once for the swipe up to show up

but like i said earlier the best defense against turning the knob is to use replay gain tags

Nov 15, 2019 at 9:52 PM Post #3,535 of 4,614
when im on shuffle and i use skip track back/forward it usually remembers the specific shuffled order it was playing in. other times it looses it. not sure why it looses it sometimes. which sucks because it makes the skpping back button useless sometimes when using shuffle.

im not sure what triggers it to loose its memory of the order it was shuffling in sometimes

Nov 16, 2019 at 6:43 PM Post #3,536 of 4,614
seems like daum potplayer also has the WASAPI

image.png

Nov 17, 2019 at 7:32 AM Post #3,538 of 4,614
No news about the Pro?
These were their arrogant replies when I last asked on Facebook...

"Hidizs Hi, sorry for keep you waiting, we will release more information once we're ready. Thanks."
"Hidizs cus the release date haven't decided yet, dude"

So much for trying to have friendly customer service/communication....

Nov 17, 2019 at 7:51 AM Post #3,539 of 4,614
These were their arrogant replies when I last asked on Facebook...

"Hidizs Hi, sorry for keep you waiting, we will release more information once we're ready. Thanks."
"Hidizs cus the release date haven't decided yet, dude"

So much for trying to have friendly customer service/communication....

Yes, they changed their release plans. And even review units are not available. Due to other new releases from competition (like R3 Pro), manufacturers change their plans since pre holiday sales between 11.11 and BFS are critical to them. Wasn't AP80Pro supposed to be released on crowd funding first? Don't know if it's still the plan.

Nov 17, 2019 at 8:32 AM Post #3,540 of 4,614
Yes, they changed their release plans. And even review units are not available. Due to other new releases from competition (like R3 Pro), manufacturers change their plans since pre holiday sales between 11.11 and BFS are critical to them. Wasn't AP80Pro supposed to be released on crowd funding first? Don't know if it's still the plan.

Well that sucks. Hopefully it won’t be cancelled.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back