AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Sep 16, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #3,158 of 4,614
So, I paid no attention to my AP80 when I first got it because there was ZERO AAC support despite it being said there'd be support. I powered it on for the first time in forever just today, updated to the latest firmware and my iPhone still connects over SBC. Is this expected?

The software on this thing is still absolutely atrocious. The touchscreen doesn't respond sometimes, menus are INCREDIBLY poorly designed. Not what expected 9 months in.

Sep 16, 2019 at 2:13 AM Post #3,159 of 4,614
So, I paid no attention to my AP80 when I first got it because there was ZERO AAC support despite it being said there'd be support. I powered it on for the first time in forever just today, updated to the latest firmware and my iPhone still connects over SBC. Is this expected?

The software on this thing is still absolutely atrocious. The touchscreen doesn't respond sometimes, menus are INCREDIBLY poorly designed. Not what expected 9 months in.

Unlike you, I love my AP80 a lot. The ability to play FLAC files on the go and occasionally I hooked this DAP with my Bluetooth headphone which fortunately plays LDAC.

It’s a handy player. Just don’t set your expectation too high. If your demands are high, why not get a pricy player like M11

Sep 16, 2019 at 8:11 AM Post #3,161 of 4,614

I'm surprised they haven't implemented AAC, since it's one of the big codecs and they've implemented UAT and LDAC and AptX. Apparently nobody at Hidizs/Hiby uses an iPhone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back