AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Jul 15, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #3,062 of 4,614
Hi guys
I ve just received mine, it is mind blowing with kb100 iem.
I also tried brand new Audio Technica ATH MSR7B but i m quite disappointed. Sounds metallic, no dynamic, no warm sound compared to my kb100 iem.
Any good combo / suggestions to share with AP80 and circum aural headphones ?
Many thanks !!!

Jul 15, 2019 at 7:45 PM Post #3,063 of 4,614
Hi guys
I ve just received mine, it is mind blowing with kb100 iem.
I also tried brand new Audio Technica ATH MSR7B but i m quite disappointed. Sounds metallic, no dynamic, no warm sound compared to my kb100 iem.
Any good combo / suggestions to share with AP80 and circum aural headphones ?
Many thanks !!!
Try turning off the EQ then set the MSEB to your liking. Then decide if you really don't like these headphone. With MESB miracles can happen.

Jul 16, 2019 at 12:42 AM Post #3,064 of 4,614
Which glue have you used? Never watched any of the videos you're referring to...

- Use a high strength 3M tape like this (https://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-300LSE-...sid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10&var=424446584574). If you can't find one, any brand name equivalent would do. Tape has to be strong, heat resistant and relatively thin. Width is not important because you can trim the tape down later.

- Clean the glass surface with rubbing alcohol before applying the tape.

- Place the tape along the inside borders. If the tape you have is too wide, just eyeball around 2-3mm along the border and cut the excess off.

- Take off the double sided backing and put the glass back onto the device in the correct orientation. Apply moderate pressure on the edges and let the adhesive set in for a while and you're done.

Jul 18, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #3,066 of 4,614
I would be very interested to know how much of a difference exists between Hiby R3 and Hidizs AP80 in terms of battery life. The former comes with ~1600mAH and the latter with ~800 mAH and also both of them have components with similar power consumption but for the display. And yet, both by way of what they advertise and what their users report, they seem to have similar playback times. @theMUKe

It is kinda intriguing. I was trying to make a choice between both of these.

Jul 19, 2019 at 6:08 AM Post #3,067 of 4,614
I would be very interested to know how much of a difference exists between Hiby R3 and Hidizs AP80 in terms of battery life. The former comes with ~1600mAH and the latter with ~800 mAH and also both of them have components with similar power consumption but for the display. And yet, both by way of what they advertise and what their users report, they seem to have similar playback times. @theMUKe

Unfortunately I cannot give you an estimate here. I am using both players from time to time only, and usually not for multiple hours. No idea how long each lasts on a single charge. Probably best to look at the battery life as advertised by Hidizs and Hiby.

Jul 24, 2019 at 12:17 PM Post #3,068 of 4,614
I saw the Copper Ap80 in HK last week. It looks beautiful but I didnt bring any memory cards to try it with. Would have impulse bought it but I wasnt really sure if it was just a cosmetic look or not. I was told though that there were sound differences by the shop sellers. Its funny how even the main site doesnt list the copper.

Jul 25, 2019 at 6:41 AM Post #3,069 of 4,614
Holy heck! Got a second hand AP80 in the mail yesterday. Finally got to test it today - blowing me away! Coming from a Shanling M0 (earlier Fiio X5), with Plunge Audio's Performer CIEMS - juicy, delicious, detailed, airy! Perfect size, decent UI, great SQ, and that sound versatility! Amazing :)

Jul 25, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #3,070 of 4,614

I do not own the R3, but I can tell you if I listen to FLAC files, now the AP80 last almost 10 hours for me.

edit: And It take less than an hour to full charge. Would love to find a decent solar charger for it, but with China chargers are not always on the safe side.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2019 at 4:04 PM Post #3,071 of 4,614
I was toying with trying to transmit via bluetooth from my AP80 to my Radsone ES100 (attached to Fidelio X2's). Is this possible? I have searched the thread, including FAQ at the beginning and have not found an answer. Thanks.

Jul 26, 2019 at 5:44 PM Post #3,072 of 4,614
I was toying with trying to transmit via bluetooth from my AP80 to my Radsone ES100 (attached to Fidelio X2's). Is this possible? I have searched the thread, including FAQ at the beginning and have not found an answer. Thanks.
Considering the ES100 is supposed to be able to receive LDAC, and the AP80 sends LDAC, it should work. Considering how large the ES100 is, wouldn't it be almost as portable to just connect the X2s to the AP80? You're still gonna have a wire, eh?

Jul 26, 2019 at 6:16 PM Post #3,073 of 4,614
Considering the ES100 is supposed to be able to receive LDAC, and the AP80 sends LDAC, it should work. Considering how large the ES100 is, wouldn't it be almost as portable to just connect the X2s to the AP80? You're still gonna have a wire, eh?
Yeah, just playing around. I really like the AP80, but the ES100 just has a magical sound. My Moto G does not transmit hi-res bluetooth, and the ES100 will accept hi-res, but the AP80 only receives as far as I can tell. No transmit. Still toying around.

Jul 26, 2019 at 6:19 PM Post #3,074 of 4,614
I have tested, and it does work. But bluetooth from every DAP I have is pretty weak compared to every smartphone I've tried. So don't expect to get a good bluetooth connection for LDAC past 6 to 10 feet. Sometimes even your body from hip pocket to shirt pocket is enough to result in poor connection. Smartphones send much stronger bluetooth signals and work better and longer distances.

I agree with @AndySocial 's comment. The AP80 fits nicely in a pocket. Might not be worth trying to send BT to another device in another pocket? No Clip on the AP80, so needs a pocket, or a case with a clip.

Jul 26, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #3,075 of 4,614
I have tested, and it does work. But bluetooth from every DAP I have is pretty weak compared to every smartphone I've tried. So don't expect to get a good bluetooth connection for LDAC past 6 to 10 feet. Sometimes even your body from hip pocket to shirt pocket is enough to result in poor connection. Smartphones send much stronger bluetooth signals and work better and longer distances.

I agree with @AndySocial 's comment. The AP80 fits nicely in a pocket. Might not be worth trying to send BT to another device in another pocket? No Clip on the AP80, so needs a pocket, or a case with a clip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back