AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
May 7, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #2,870 of 4,614
They responded to me via Facebook Messenger. If you want to contact them, do it through there.
Did their response include upcoming FW? I agree with @j4100 - not many AP80 owners would ever buy from this company again!

May 7, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #2,871 of 4,614
Did their response include upcoming FW? I agree with @j4100 - not many AP80 owners would ever buy from this company again!
I didn't ask lol. I personally don't have any real issues with my AP80. The only thing I don't like is the lack of album art caching and a few minor UI issues.

Well I guess there is one major issue, and it's the input lag in USB DAC mode.

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 3:45 PM Post #2,872 of 4,614
I just use mine to play mp3 and flac via IEMs which it does perfectly well. If I needed to play DSD and/or use many other features I no doubt would look into other options. However, if you're like me and only playing standalone tracks via IEMs, it does very well.

May 7, 2019 at 4:39 PM Post #2,873 of 4,614
I just use mine to play mp3 and flac via IEMs which it does perfectly well. If I needed to play DSD and/or use many other features I no doubt would look into other options. However, if you're like me and only playing standalone tracks via IEMs, it does very well.
As others have pointed out not everyone have problems reading DSD and the like. Yesterday I saw my brother in law and my nephew (they both bought one after my recommendation, and yes I will recommend it to everyone again) and gave them all my DSD and SACD, etc, and they don't have any problems reading them either. And on Aliexpress they still got 4.9 positive reviews out of 379 AP80 sold.
And if you get in contact with them again, tell them nicely that we all like the device but we would give them more publicity if they upgrade the firmware.

May 7, 2019 at 5:21 PM Post #2,874 of 4,614
As others have pointed out not everyone have problems reading DSD and the like. Yesterday I saw my brother in law and my nephew (they both bought one after my recommendation, and yes I will recommend it to everyone again) and gave them all my DSD and SACD, etc, and they don't have any problems reading them either. And on Aliexpress they still got 4.9 positive reviews out of 379 AP80 sold.
And if you get in contact with them again, tell them nicely that we all like the device but we would give them more publicity if they upgrade the firmware.
I just want to make sure I understand you...
So what you’re saying is that the newer units have NO hiss or crinkling sounds (listen in the very quietest passages of songs and at a fair volume level) on DSD format (Dff, DSF) or SACd iso format tracks?
Will you listen one more time with a critical eye and confirm please?
Edit: there is no problem reading the tracks, but my unit as well as a lot of others from the launch, hear this problem. We suppose that it could be fixed via firmware upgrade. At least that was our hope.

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #2,875 of 4,614
So what you’re saying is that the newer units have NO hiss or crinkling sounds (listen in the very quietest passages of songs and at a fair volume level) on DSD format (Dff, DSF) or SACd iso format tracks?
Edit: there is no problem reading the tracks, but my unit as well as a lot of others from the launch, hear this problem. We suppose that it could be fixed via firmware upgrade. At least that was our hope.
I tried dsd once and I didn't notice an issue. I do have a newer version that came pre-installed with the latest firmware. I'll try again with my fidelio x2hr when they arrive.

I would have just returned my unit the moment I realized there was hiss if I were you.

Last edited:
May 7, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #2,876 of 4,614
I tried dsd once and I didn't notice an issue. I do have a newer version that came pre-installed with the latest firmware. I'll try again with my fidelio x2hr when they arrive.

I would have just returned my unit the moment I realized there was hiss if I were you.
A lot of us here got our units via Kickstarter, so we funded the project. Hidizs was so very attentive and assuring during the campaign and just after. Reassuring us with promises of firmware and support. Then, when they got our money....they cut the line and disappeared. So we just waited...and waited.
I don’t hate the unit, I like it but it’s unfinished. Seems to be the MO for a lot of Chinese DAP makers (which there are many). Unfortunate, really. They lost a lot of future customers.

May 7, 2019 at 10:09 PM Post #2,877 of 4,614
Go back a couple of post:
Post #2823 of 2875
Start reading there please, we already did the tests. I am really sorry if your unit have a problem. Maybe try another MicroSD card. Reformat. Set everything back to default. etc.
Good luck.

May 8, 2019 at 2:50 AM Post #2,879 of 4,614
C
Go back a couple of post:
Post #2823 of 2875
Start reading there please, we already did the tests. I am really sorry if your unit have a problem. Maybe try another MicroSD card. Reformat. Set everything back to default. etc.
Good luck.

Changing microsd card will fix DSD issues... sure.

Also, how many people believe the issue does not exist... There are a lot more who confirmed that it does exist. It's a general issue and a fix by Hidizs is more than desired.

May 8, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #2,880 of 4,614
C

Changing microsd card will fix DSD issues... sure.

Also, how many people believe the issue does not exist... There are a lot more who confirmed that it does exist. It's a general issue and a fix by Hidizs is more than desired.
Yeah, for sure it exists in the Kickstarter batches. He’s the first customer that reports that it no longer exists. If true, that just means Hidizs will never fix it in our units via firmware. Not that I think that they might ever. Although, there was some sort of recent update for their old AP60II.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back