AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Apr 21, 2019 at 5:24 AM Post #2,851 of 4,614
Glad to here it sounds good in the car, as long as the volume knob doesn’t feel like it’s going to break off I’ll probably keep it.

Glad people here are getting them.

Of course it just sounds crazy to give a company credit for producing ‘something close to fully finished.’ I mean they are shipping it out to retail customers too. I understand the sentiment though after so many companies not launching with promised features on their daps. (It’s coming) ha ha

Then people are like ‘give them a break they’re a small company’ no, how about small companies staying within their production and engineering capabilities instead of bring greedy and putting out half baked products.

Not directed at you silverfish, it just popped into my mind how accepting we’ve become with basically beta stuff being sold as completed products.

Hi, when using in my car with Bluetooth, the player stops after each track and I have to mannualy start the next track. Any idea why ?

Last edited:
Apr 21, 2019 at 10:58 AM Post #2,853 of 4,614
Its sad the sound quality of this player is pretty amazing, I love what they did with the EQ I wish they would implement that on some of the higher end stuff. But it needs a FW update badly and some of the bugs are starting to annoy me especially the inaccurate touches. The touch boxws on the right side are way off...

Apr 24, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #2,857 of 4,614
What do you think about Hiby R3?

Hiby R3 vs fiio m6

I am looking for an MP3 player that is small

Both are really nice, R3 is a touch warmer but has a better eq and a balanced out. M6 can run Tidal and Spotify offline. If I didn't use tidal or spotify I'd get the R3, it goes on sale quite often. If you want a dap that can run more apps, go with m6.

Apr 25, 2019 at 3:03 AM Post #2,859 of 4,614
a software to stream music from my PC to the R3???
I thought to pass files MP3 to R3 o M6 only is necessary copy by cable from PC to player MP3 as pendrive-usb, right?
why software to stream music?
or can you copy files MP3/FLAC etc by WIFI to R3 o M6?
in M6 can we install iVoox?

May 2, 2019 at 8:31 AM Post #2,861 of 4,614
a software to stream music from my PC to the R3???
I thought to pass files MP3 to R3 o M6 only is necessary copy by cable from PC to player MP3 as pendrive-usb, right?
why software to stream music?
or can you copy files MP3/FLAC etc by WIFI to R3 o M6?
in M6 can we install iVoox?
I meant for the R3, so that I don't have to copy files to the microSD card. I let DLNA do its thing. For the AP80, I mostly use it as an LDAC receiver.

May 2, 2019 at 8:46 AM Post #2,862 of 4,614
Does anyone know how to put custom screensavers on the AP80? I was trying it out and made a "screensavers" folder on my SD card with an image of 480 by 360 but it doesn't work.

In the screensaver option, I chose Dynamic. That created the folder, and threw an error that it was empty (because of course it was - it was just made!). Then I dumped a variety of images, in sizes varying up to 1000x1000 pixels into that directory. And then it worked. Ironically, I actually find the lock screen two-step to be pointless, so I disabled the screensaver mode entirely. :)

May 2, 2019 at 5:04 PM Post #2,863 of 4,614
Its sad the sound quality of this player is pretty amazing, I love what they did with the EQ I wish they would implement that on some of the higher end stuff. But it needs a FW update badly and some of the bugs are starting to annoy me especially the inaccurate touches. The touch boxws on the right side are way off...

My guess is that sales have dropped so they have dropped the firmware updates.
They have to pay Hiby to do the software. No money no updates.

Just how Hidizs works I guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back