AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Dec 29, 2018 at 7:50 AM Post #2,327 of 4,614
Hi folks, can anyone let me know if a silicon case is included in the package? Thanks.
Yep, silicone case was included. It works much better than the leather case that I also got (bought the bundle that included the seeds) I do wanna use the leather case but will need to alter it. The cutouts dont allow for the right angled plug to fit flush in the headphone out.

Dec 29, 2018 at 8:11 AM Post #2,329 of 4,614
Hi folks, can anyone let me know if a silicon case is included in the package? Thanks.
A silicone case is included

Dec 29, 2018 at 10:04 AM Post #2,333 of 4,614
I really hope they refine the hit box detection or sensitivity or whatever causes these multiple presses I have to do to select things, because it becomes quite tedious.

I seems one mine the right side of the screen isn’t as accurate and I have to press slightly to the right of the icon. The M0 was more steps to get to the LO setting to use in my car but was so fast and responsive that it’s a wash.

Maybe when hiby get past ‘beta’ firmware?

Dec 29, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #2,335 of 4,614
I really hope they refine the hit box detection or sensitivity or whatever causes these multiple presses I have to do to select things, because it becomes quite tedious.

I seems one mine the right side of the screen isn’t as accurate and I have to press slightly to the right of the icon. The M0 was more steps to get to the LO setting to use in my car but was so fast and responsive that it’s a wash.

Maybe when hiby get past ‘beta’ firmware?
Fixing/improving/tweaking without breaking what is working... That's the point. Let's see the released FW.
Comments and discussion are still useful during the beta phase :wink:

Edit: typo

Last edited:
Dec 29, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #2,337 of 4,614
Does anyone else have issues with a wobbly volume dial/button? Mine has so much play that it most of my volume adjustments (dial turning) register as button presses so the screen just turns on and off rather than changing the volume.

My unit has a lot of wobble when touching the volume knob but, it doesn't register as press. I always use 2 fingers, using only one almost feels like I'd break something.

Dec 29, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #2,338 of 4,614
Fixing/improving/tweaking without breaking what is working... That's the point. Let's see the released FW.
Comments and discussion is still useful during the beta phase :wink:

I’m not sure what the point of your comment is, but be it Beta or whatever I’ve never had this problem with any touch screen device. Maybe I’ve just been lucky or maybe I’ve got a defective screen?

All I’m saying is if it isn’t addressed I’ll be using something else for my vehicle and active use. I don’t think I’ve ever purchased a dap with ‘Beta’ firmware before so this is a first for me.

Dec 29, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #2,339 of 4,614
My unit has a lot of wobble when touching the volume knob but, it doesn't register as press. I always use 2 fingers, using only one almost feels like I'd break something.

When I use 2 fingers it usually works fine, but that's not really practical when the device is in my jacket/pant pocket. I wish the dial was more secure. The rest of the unit's build quality is quite good though.

Dec 29, 2018 at 11:46 AM Post #2,340 of 4,614
I’m not sure what the point of your comment is, but be it Beta or whatever I’ve never had this problem with any touch screen device. Maybe I’ve just been lucky or maybe I’ve got a defective screen?

All I’m saying is if it isn’t addressed I’ll be using something else for my vehicle and active use. I don’t think I’ve ever purchased a dap with ‘Beta’ firmware before so this is a first for me.
What I meant is that it's still a beta, we don't know what will finally come out. On the other hand makers/developers have to know if the fixes are good or if they break something else.
Edit: 1st dap here but not first item with FW that could/should be improved.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back