1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by IryxBRO, Apr 24, 2018.
First

Back
146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155
157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166
Next

Last
  1. Zeo-Gold92
    Yep, silicone case was included. It works much better than the leather case that I also got (bought the bundle that included the seeds) I do wanna use the leather case but will need to alter it. The cutouts dont allow for the right angled plug to fit flush in the headphone out.

2. Leo888
    Thanks Zeo. So I assume it's in side the retail package?

3. willjie90
    A silicone case is included

4. Zeo-Gold92
    I'm not sure if the retail release of the AP80 has the silicone case. I got mine through the KS.

5. Leo888
    Thanks. So it's inside the sealed retail package. Am I right?

6. Leo888
    Great, got mine from kickstarter too. Thanks.

7. abitdeef
    I really hope they refine the hit box detection or sensitivity or whatever causes these multiple presses I have to do to select things, because it becomes quite tedious.

I seems one mine the right side of the screen isn’t as accurate and I have to press slightly to the right of the icon. The M0 was more steps to get to the LO setting to use in my car but was so fast and responsive that it’s a wash.

Maybe when hiby get past ‘beta’ firmware?

Sougouk and AndySocial like this.
  8. dannytang
    Does anyone else have issues with a wobbly volume dial/button? Mine has so much play that it most of my volume adjustments (dial turning) register as button presses so the screen just turns on and off rather than changing the volume.

9. okinear
    Fixing/improving/tweaking without breaking what is working... That's the point. Let's see the released FW.
    Comments and discussion are still useful during the beta phase :wink:

Edit: typo

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  10. okinear
    Regarding the problems (noise, hiss, ...) with the DSD files: wondering if we could agree on some sample test files?!?!
    I don't have any DSD files, but saw some sites with test files on the net.

11. vladstef
    My unit has a lot of wobble when touching the volume knob but, it doesn't register as press. I always use 2 fingers, using only one almost feels like I'd break something.

12. abitdeef
    I’m not sure what the point of your comment is, but be it Beta or whatever I’ve never had this problem with any touch screen device. Maybe I’ve just been lucky or maybe I’ve got a defective screen?

All I’m saying is if it isn’t addressed I’ll be using something else for my vehicle and active use. I don’t think I’ve ever purchased a dap with ‘Beta’ firmware before so this is a first for me.

13. dannytang
    When I use 2 fingers it usually works fine, but that's not really practical when the device is in my jacket/pant pocket. I wish the dial was more secure. The rest of the unit's build quality is quite good though.

14. okinear
    What I meant is that it's still a beta, we don't know what will finally come out. On the other hand makers/developers have to know if the fixes are good or if they break something else.
    Edit: 1st dap here but not first item with FW that could/should be improved.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2018
  15. dannytang
    I don't think it's just you. Certain buttons/menus are less responsive on my screen as well. I hope it's just a software/firmware mapping issue since not every screen is affected.

First

Back
146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155
157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166
Next

Last