AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Dec 26, 2018 at 7:44 PM Post #2,296 of 4,614
I just received mine today and it's pretty good.
tZWBgUJ.jpg

Dec 27, 2018 at 4:48 AM Post #2,299 of 4,614
Got my AP80, with 40$ of customs fee.... oh well. Build quality is ok at best, slightly wobbly volume wheel. Sound wise I like it up to around 50-60% of volume, then it starts getting confused. So I guess the amp section isn't quite there for the well implemented dac section.

This wasn't a surprise though, you can only do so much in such a small space so overall it's still a positive impression.

Dec 27, 2018 at 12:31 PM Post #2,302 of 4,614
Firmware update successful:

,IMG_20181228_012140.jpg

Hey

Thanks for the info.

Is there a changelog available somewhere? Couldn't find any info.

Thanks.
Nope, I didn't saw any changelog for this particular firmware update version, even on their official website or on their Facebook page. All I know about this FW update is that it was first came pre-installed on the stainless steel models. Doesn't seem to have any significant changes over version 1.0; some of the issues that needed fixing (ticker text scrolling issues, album art not showing on Hiby Link app, etc.) are still there. LDAC is still unsupported. Scratch that, LDAC is now supported, as shown on @echolocati's pic below.

Sincerely looking forward to a future firmware update with most of the fixes and LDAC support. Yay LDAC users!

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #2,304 of 4,614
Hey,

updated successfully, too.

One thing I noticed instantly - LDAC works now perfectly with my Sony WH-1000XM3!!

So LDAC finally works now in ver. 1.0.1 beta, judging from the "L" indicator (before, it only shows "A" even if you use LDAC). That's great news to AP80 users with Sony LDAC headphones, then. I personally don't own any LDAC-supported products to test at the moment, that's why I didn't knew it was finally supported. I only have two aptX KZ Bluetooth cables right now. LDAC users, rejoice!

Last edited:
Dec 27, 2018 at 1:24 PM Post #2,305 of 4,614
Nothing for DSD files !!! And Iso files don't work!!! :frowning2:

Dec 27, 2018 at 5:26 PM Post #2,307 of 4,614
Always noisy!!!

Dec 28, 2018 at 4:21 AM Post #2,310 of 4,614
So LDAC finally works now in ver. 1.0.1 beta, judging from the "L" indicator (before, it only shows "A" even if you use LDAC). That's great news to AP80 users with Sony LDAC headphones, then. I personally don't own any LDAC-supported products to test at the moment, that's why I didn't knew it was finally supported. I only have two aptX KZ Bluetooth cables right now. LDAC users, rejoice!

I can also confirm that bluetooth streaming goes beyond SBC now. So we can at least strike that off the list. When I look up the AP80 among my paired bluetooth devices on the Galaxy S8, there is now a toggle for LDAC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back