AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Dec 2, 2018 at 5:56 PM Post #1,711 of 4,614
From what I've read somewhere, the microSD card should be formatted to FAT32 according to Hidizs themselves. You will need this tool: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

This tool is necessary since Windows by itself only format microSDHC cards in FAT32 file system from up to 32GB only. This tool bypasses that limitation so you could format microSDXC cards to 64GB and above using FAT32. When you use this tool, select the drive letter of your microSD card, set your allocation unit size to 4096, then start formatting. This is what i use on my two 128GB cards on my Xduoo DAPs (primarily for Rockbox use, since RB doesn't recognize cards that aren't formatted in FAT32). Give it a try, and see if this will solve your issue.

There you go :) I’ve been lucky and all my cards have always worked but with this prog it will surely be in fat32.

Dec 2, 2018 at 6:01 PM Post #1,712 of 4,614
From what I've read somewhere, the microSD card should be formatted to FAT32 according to Hidizs themselves. You will need this tool: http://www.ridgecrop.demon.co.uk/index.htm?guiformat.htm

This tool is necessary since Windows by itself only format microSDHC cards in FAT32 file system from up to 32GB only. This tool bypasses that limitation so you could format microSDXC cards to 64GB and above using FAT32. When you use this tool, select the drive letter of your microSD card, set your allocation unit size to 4096, then start formatting. This is what i use on my two 128GB cards on my Xduoo DAPs (primarily for Rockbox use, since RB doesn't recognize cards that aren't formatted in FAT32). Give it a try, and see if this will solve your issue.

Thank you I will try it when I get home from work and follow up with the group.

Dec 2, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #1,714 of 4,614
Good evening everyone,

I need a bit of help/guidance. I received my AP80 yesterday and I hooked it up to my PC and dragged over my music folders onto it. the transfer went fine with no hiccups. The issue I am having is when I do the scan it shows me that it is seeing 1702 music files. but it does not get past that screen and it would freeze and lock up which I then have to power the device down to clear it. Is there something else that I should be doing first or is there a certain folder structure that I have to make? I appreciate the help and thank you, everyone.
Sometimes a unit can freeze up while scanning if there is a “bum” file in there. If you find that the unit won’t scan past a certain amount, try uploading the music in sections and see whether there is a problem with a certain file (or file type). Like do 500 then scan it. Go back and do another 250, then scan it (750 total). Keep doing that until you hit a problem with that group. Delete that group and move on to your next group to see if there is a problem. If not, continue till you’ve loaded the rest. Go back to the problem group and start loading those in smaller groups. Could be a bad file hanging the scanning up.

Dec 2, 2018 at 8:37 PM Post #1,716 of 4,614
From what I've read somewhere, the microSD card should be formatted to FAT32 according to Hidizs themselves

There's no way in 2018 they're going to have only ancient FAT32 support because there's a lot of ISO files that won't fit in 4GB limit. I can almost guarantee it supports NTFS or exfat.

Dec 2, 2018 at 9:56 PM Post #1,719 of 4,614
Looks like I just received my tracking number via SMS. I received a notification from DHL via SMS (not email), and it says that a parcel from Hong Kong is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Looks like they really acknowledged my express shipping request. If it is, then my worries are cleared!

@abitdeef : Did you received any notification on your end, too?

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 10:07 PM Post #1,720 of 4,614
From what I've read somewhere, the microSD card should be formatted to FAT32 according to Hidizs themselves

There's no way in 2018 they're going to have only ancient FAT32 support because there's a lot of ISO files that won't fit in 4GB limit. I can almost guarantee it supports NTFS or exfat.
Oh, almost forgot that some audio file formats like DSD are in ISO format. Never used them personally at the moment, so I'm not that familiar.

Last edited:
Dec 2, 2018 at 10:21 PM Post #1,722 of 4,614
Looks like I just received my tracking number via SMS. I received a notification from DHL via SMS (not email), and it says that a parcel from Hong Kong is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. Looks like they really acknowledged my express shipping request. If it is, then my worries are cleared!

@abitdeef : Did you received any notification on your end, too?

Nope nothing for me. That’s good news though.
I’m still not clear if I’m getting from Amazon or DHL. Supposedly according to Ken mine shipped last Tuesday- of course that can’t be true.

Express even from China doesn’t take that long. But I’m glad you’re getting yours :)

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 1:33 AM Post #1,723 of 4,614
Hiding.. Waiting for the storm to pass.

Probably. Always a storm at the end of these things.

0D93F9DD-D417-41E3-99F4-52FDD9FD836B.jpeg

I would guess he is waiting until enough have got into the hands of (hopefully) pleased backers. Then make an appearance once the impressions start getting posted.

Saves answering every ‘where is mine.....dap/tracking’ I guess.

Who knows?

:)

Dec 3, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #1,724 of 4,614
Nope nothing for me. That’s good news though.
I’m still not clear if I’m getting from Amazon or DHL. Supposedly according to Ken mine shipped last Tuesday- of course that can’t be true.

Express even from China doesn’t take that long. But I’m glad you’re getting yours :)
Thanks! I hope you get yours soon, too, and also hoping they acknowledge your express shipping request, since you already paid for it. If Hidizs could really be more transparent. At least they kept their promise in shipping it via DHL (which is what I'm worrying when they've started to ship out). From what I've noticed so far, most people didn't received any notifications regarding the shipment of their KS rewards. Only a few (mine included) have received some sort of notification.

Probably. Always a storm at the end of these things.

I would guess he is waiting until enough have got into the hands of (hopefully) pleased backers. Then make an appearance once the impressions start getting posted.

Saves answering every ‘where is mine.....dap/tracking’ I guess.

Who knows?

:)
Yeah, I just realized that. Maybe Ken didn't post here on purpose after he posted an update in this thread last week lol.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #1,725 of 4,614
I just got an email from Hidizs explaining some shortage of the Red version and to select a different color or wait for mid December before they can ship mine out. I'm backer #92, I would have thought they'd have enough for a few reds to ship out. I guess they gave everything to their retailers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back