AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Dec 3, 2018 at 3:22 AM Post #1,726 of 4,614
I just got an email from Hidizs explaining some shortage of the Red version and to select a different color or wait for mid December before they can ship mine out. I'm backer #92, I would have thought they'd have enough for a few reds to ship out. I guess they gave everything to their retailers.
So what would you choose? Get the black or gray, or wait for another 1-2 weeks?

Dec 3, 2018 at 3:47 AM Post #1,728 of 4,614
Try to get a refund, my R3 would have been delivered by then, I'm in talks with Hidizs right now and they only want to give back 92%. I'll have to chat with the bank and see if they can give me a full refund.

Your bank\credit union can do a charge back on the amount and you will get 100% back.

Dec 3, 2018 at 3:54 AM Post #1,729 of 4,614
Thanks! I hope you get yours soon, too, and also hoping they acknowledge your express shipping request, since you already paid for it. If Hidizs could really be more transparent. At least they kept their promise in shipping it via DHL (which is what I'm worrying when they've started to ship out). From what I've noticed so far, most people didn't received any notifications regarding the shipment of their KS rewards. Only a few (mine included) have received some sort of notification.

I have a feeling mine will show up from Amazon without tracking and of course not express. I also feel (after being ignored so much) that Hidisz wouldn’t issue a refund for express shipping.

So I’ll go to my credit union and explain what happened and they’ll take the charge off. So no worries either way.

Yeah, I just realized that. Maybe Ken didn't post here on purpose after he posted an update in this thread last week lol.

Dec 3, 2018 at 4:19 AM Post #1,731 of 4,614
Depends on the bank.
It reminds me a case where the creator left; to get a refund worked for some, not for others.

It’s not a refund, it’s a charge back. You dispute the charge and the bank takes it off.

Or lots of credit cards have buyers protection.

I know for sure I wouldn’t have a problem getting the charge removed from my bank or my credit union. I’ve had to do it many times.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #1,733 of 4,614
It’s not a refund, it’s a charge back. You dispute the charge and the bank takes it off.
Or lots of credit cards have buyers protection.
I know for sure I wouldn’t have a problem getting the charge removed from my bank or my credit union. I’ve had to do it many times.

Ok, charge back :wink:
As you said you have to dispute the charge, this is where "buying a product" v.s "pledging to help a project, crowdfunding" made a difference for the banks. Some refused to charge back.
Anyway, glad that it worked for you.

Dec 3, 2018 at 4:27 AM Post #1,734 of 4,614
In my case I’m talking about shipping costs- which will be easy to dispute, and a credit union is easier to work with then a bank in my experience.

He can find out very easily if he can get a charge back. The worst case he can take the 92% Hidizs would give him. I understand if he already has an R3 why he wouldn’t want an AP80.

They were 149.99 for Black Friday, if I didn’t have a M0 and this thing on the way I would have picked up one myself. It’s a very nice little unit itself.

Last edited:
Dec 3, 2018 at 7:23 AM Post #1,737 of 4,614
I got this message from Hidizs with the heading ‘your reward is ready’

For backers’ order, tracking information will be provided in the following days.

Um ok. I thought it was last week for US, but I’ll go with it. So hopefully everybody will know something specific and relevant this week.

Dec 3, 2018 at 9:54 AM Post #1,739 of 4,614
Probably. Always a storm at the end of these things.

I would guess he is waiting until enough have got into the hands of (hopefully) pleased backers. Then make an appearance once the impressions start getting posted.

Saves answering every ‘where is mine.....dap/tracking’ I guess.

Who knows?

:)
Yes maybe. Or maybe they are too afraid of being honest, after having build so much hype.

They are out of stock of excuses, and probably waiting for their new batch of excuses being ship to them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back