AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Oct 29, 2018 at 12:24 PM Post #1,276 of 4,614
I was going to write : morality : you are out of luck if you live in a small country (as I do), or worse, on an island :)
That's still good news that we hear Hidizs is already shipping a lot of devices.
Haha. I don't mind the waiting though, hidizs has been very quick to start production and they are starting to ship very soon. I don't think that I will wait that much after you guys receive yours.. (cross fingers :) )

Oct 29, 2018 at 12:47 PM Post #1,277 of 4,614
Oct 29, 2018 at 11:22 PM Post #1,278 of 4,614
Hello people, I see that everyone here is enjoying a very good DAP, I am interested in obtaining it since my smartphone does not have 3.5 mm input, my idea is to take advantage of my phone's storage which is 128gb and save music there in FLAC, my question is whether I can do this and send the music via Bluetooth to Ap80? Is this possible when the battery lasts?

Oct 30, 2018 at 1:22 AM Post #1,279 of 4,614
Hello people, I see that everyone here is enjoying a very good DAP, I am interested in obtaining it since my smartphone does not have 3.5 mm input, my idea is to take advantage of my phone's storage which is 128gb and save music there in FLAC, my question is whether I can do this and send the music via Bluetooth to Ap80? Is this possible when the battery lasts?
As far I understand yes but you need to download hiby music

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #1,280 of 4,614

Just out of curiosity, wouldn't it be easier to copy your FLAC files to a card and put the card into the AP80?

Oct 30, 2018 at 10:56 AM Post #1,281 of 4,614
As far I understand yes but you need to download hiby music
My Opinions/Thoughts...

HIBY APP is not needed to send bluetooth to the AP80, or to any Bluetooth Recever.

If you must use the phone a source, then you could also consider a Bluetooth DAC/AMP receiver, like the Radsone EarStudio ES100. Or the newest FIIO one... Both have LDAC and APTX-HD. IF your phone can transmit bluetooth LDAC or APTX-HD, you should have nice sound quality.
Believe that the AP80 is also supposed to receive LDAC in the future, so would also have good sound quality receiving via bluetooth. AP80 may have APTX-HD? Can't remember.

IF you phone cannot transmit bluetooth via APTX-HD, OR LDAC, then sound quality will be reduced some using Any Bluetooth receiver. If you phone is APPLE, then people report good results with AAC via bluetooth to the Earstudio ES100. Can't remember if the AP80 can receive AAC directly via bluetooth.

Ordinary bluetooth for me, is unacceptable sound quality. APTx is OK. But the LDAC and APTX-HD are a step up and getting close to wired sound quality!

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #1,282 of 4,614

Newbie question: do you keep the 'flac quality' after going through the bluetooth connection?
If yes, fine. If no, what would be equivalent to the bluetooth quality in term of file encoding?

Oct 30, 2018 at 11:05 AM Post #1,283 of 4,614
Newbie question: do you keep the 'flac quality' after going through the bluetooth connection?
If yes, fine. If no, what would be equivalent to the bluetooth quality in term of file encoding?

BLuetooth quality depends on what CODEC your phone or sending device can transmit in bluetooth; AND what codec the receiver can decode.
For me APTX-HD and LDAC come close to CD Quality when both devices can use the same CODEC.
Some people say that 90+% of people can't hear better than 320Kbps MP3 files. I Don't have amazing ears. but think I can hear cleaner high frequencies with FLac 16/44 (CD Quality).
If listening in a noisey environment, 320kbps is probably more than fine. But since memory is fairly cheap today, and my phone has LDAC and APtx-HD, I have all my music in FLAC files.

IMHO, STANDARD Bluetooth is probably less than 256Kbps MP3 Quality sound.

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2018 at 11:26 AM Post #1,285 of 4,614

It sounds like you'd be well-served by just buying bluetooth headphones, if you're going to be using your phone as a source to send over BT anyway. Why bother with a full-fledged DAP just to use it as a BT receiver?

Oct 30, 2018 at 2:54 PM Post #1,286 of 4,614
Hello Everyone, I'm new here, and recently ordered the AP80 off the Hidizs website. I'd like to know which microSD card should I purchase for this DAP?

I'd like to know the following details:
- Ideal read/write speeds
- Type of microSD = microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC
- Speed Class
- Size of microSD card: Would a 512gb microSDHC/XC work better than a 256gb card?

I would like to have a fast and reliable read/write speed so I can power on the unit and resume the music without having to wait an exorbitant amount of time.

Thank you in advance.

Oct 30, 2018 at 3:04 PM Post #1,287 of 4,614
Hello Everyone, I'm new here, and recently ordered the AP80 off the Hidizs website. I'd like to know which microSD card should I purchase for this DAP?

I'd like to know the following details:
- Ideal read/write speeds
- Type of microSD = microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC
- Speed Class
- Size of microSD card: Would a 512gb microSDHC/XC work better than a 256gb card?

I would like to have a fast and reliable read/write speed so I can power on the unit and resume the music without having to wait an exorbitant amount of time.

Thank you in advance.
When it comes to music files, you don't really need to with about the speed as recent ones are over kill in regards of it. I think ap80 only supports micro . And the storage is up to you. The more file, the more searching you'll do

Oct 31, 2018 at 8:39 AM Post #1,289 of 4,614

Users who are viewing this thread

Back