AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Oct 27, 2018 at 2:48 AM Post #1,261 of 4,614
I cant remember if i asked this before, or if there was information given:
With the Hiby software, are there custom settings for the EQ and MSEB? Can you save your own profile settings? Would really like to be able to save different EQ/sound profiles for different IEMs/HPs, or BT for car/home, etc.
Looking forward to the AP80!

Yes, there are custom settings for EQ and MSEB and personal profiles that you can save.

Oct 27, 2018 at 3:56 AM Post #1,263 of 4,614
@kenloveme Are you planning on distributing through local retailers in Europe or the AP 80 will be directly sold through your website?

Btw, does the AP 80 come with any kind of screen protection?
We plan to sell it also on Amazon UK. it will probably be during the second half of next month! And yes all our Hidizs products are sold through our website as well. :)

Oct 27, 2018 at 4:02 AM Post #1,264 of 4,614
I noticed that Audiophonics in France are listing it ... 7-15 days delivery quoted.
Thanks @Charente for sharing the information!
What is that?! It is not possible. We've NEVER announced we would provide AP80 on Audiophonics! Whoever did this, please guys DO NOT BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE. It is fake! The only way to order the AP80 so far is on our website: https://www.hidizs.net/

Oct 27, 2018 at 4:03 AM Post #1,265 of 4,614
Ken, for people like me that missed out on the Kickstarter prices - any chance of Black Friday deals ?

Also anyone placing new orders now, how much can they expect to wait for dispatch ?
It will be after the Kickstarter dispatches, as I mentioned before, since we can actually ship a large number of AP80, with luck some of yours could be in! :D

Oct 27, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #1,266 of 4,614
@kenloveme Can I get most recent AP80's beta firmware, please.
Are you one of our early reviewers? Why would you need the beta firmware? We will announce about the firmware when we ship the AP80 worldwide so this one will be the latest one :), would be better to wait!

Oct 27, 2018 at 6:28 AM Post #1,267 of 4,614
Are you one of our early reviewers? Why would you need the beta firmware? We will announce about the firmware when we ship the AP80 worldwide so this one will be the latest one :), would be better to wait!

He creates custom firmware for DAPs, usually with improved speed, improved UI and improved reliability, I remember Brother @XVortex from older FiiO and Shanling threads :)

Oct 27, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #1,268 of 4,614
Hey guys! We will ensure that the AP80 we will be sending out to you will be the quality you are expecting! We are working hard for it! We are receiving tons of messages from you guys, and we know that you can't wait to receive it. :D
Great to know. If that's the case, then it looks like Christmas will come early to us backers. :smile_phones:

I suggest you provide his request, @kenloveme, since @XVortex is planning to do a Rockbox port for AP80. And yeah, like @Dobrescu George have said, he creates customized firmware for various DAPs, with various improvements (for example, he recently released a custom FW for Xduoo X3II and X20 with improved sound quality, a dual-boot firmware option with Rockbox, etc.)

By the way, Ken. Regarding shipping, do the ones who availed express shipping be the ones who will be shipped first, or they will be shipped out along with the ones who opted for standard shipping?

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2018 at 8:01 AM Post #1,269 of 4,614
Great to know. If that's the case, then it looks like Christmas will come early to us backers. :smile_phones:

I suggest you provide his request, @kenloveme, since @XVortex is planning to do a Rockbox port for AP80. And yeah, like @Dobrescu George have said, he creates customized firmware for various DAPs, with various improvements (for example, he recently released a custom FW for Xduoo X3II and X20 with improved sound quality, a dual-boot firmware option with Rockbox, etc.)

By the way, Ken. Regarding shipping, do the ones who availed express shipping be the ones who will be shipped first, or they will be shipped out along with the ones who opted for standard shipping?

Um I saw no options for shipping speed at all???

Oct 29, 2018 at 3:19 AM Post #1,271 of 4,614
He creates custom firmware for DAPs, usually with improved speed, improved UI and improved reliability, I remember Brother @XVortex from older FiiO and Shanling threads :)
That is a nice idea! However as I mentioned before, the beta firmwares are not on point. We just used them for testing purposes. When we will release the official firmware, it will be more stable and performing, you will be able to download and use it to make custom firmwares, no worries. Please just wait a bit more guys :)

Oct 29, 2018 at 5:40 AM Post #1,272 of 4,614

We actually arrange the shipping this way: firstly, we will arrange by backer number and select the similar countries to arrange the shipping. The higher number might receive the parcel earlier,that is true, but we can't control the shipping. Because once we ship out the parcel, the carrier and custom will process the shipping by them. HOWEVER, because we can arrange a large amount of AP80s, soooo yours can be in the first batches! :D

Oct 29, 2018 at 10:50 AM Post #1,273 of 4,614
We actually arrange the shipping this way: firstly, we will arrange by backer number and select the similar countries to arrange the shipping. The higher number might receive the parcel earlier,that is true, but we can't control the shipping. Because once we ship out the parcel, the carrier and custom will process the shipping by them. HOWEVER, because we can arrange a large amount of AP80s, soooo yours can be in the first batches! :D
I think that I'm maybe the only person to have backed the ap80 in Mauritius. I will be among the lasts to receive it then.. :frowning2:

Oct 29, 2018 at 11:29 AM Post #1,274 of 4,614

Can we expect tracking numbers?

Oct 29, 2018 at 11:41 AM Post #1,275 of 4,614
I think that I'm maybe the only person to have backed the ap80 in Mauritius. I will be among the lasts to receive it then.. :frowning2:
I was going to write : morality : you are out of luck if you live in a small country (as I do), or worse, on an island :)
That's still good news that we hear Hidizs is already shipping a lot of devices.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back