AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Nov 5, 2018 at 8:06 AM Post #1,306 of 4,614
Damn that's got to be one of the quickest kickstarted to shipping projects ever!

Do you have photos of the finished production units yet?

Haha Hi people!

I asked the team, the shipping should be starting by tomorrow! And we will send you the tracking numbers when we have them asap! Possibly 2-3 days after shipping out, I think. No worries! :D, are you reaaaady?

Nov 5, 2018 at 4:38 PM Post #1,309 of 4,614
Some refresher posts as the excitement grows.

From way back unboxing and user interface:
https://www.headpie.net/2018/08/hidizs-ap80-unboxing-and-ks-preview_17.html?m=1

Some feedback given earlier on:
https://www.headpie.net/2018/08/hidizs-ap80-feedback.html?m=1
(most were addressed promptly, I may need to edit the article some more for additional improvements, LDAC still coming I think).

D65F5745-78F3-4DFE-A301-9D259103618A.jpeg

Good to see that Hidizs is well on track with the delivery dates.

I do enjoy this device and keep it in my bag as a back up for my larger daps (either the AP80 or M0).

I think people will be happy with their purchase, LDAC or not on release.
Its a great little device.

Looking forward to everyones impressions when they receive it.

Nov 5, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #1,310 of 4,614
Some refresher posts as the excitement grows.

From way back unboxing and user interface:
https://www.headpie.net/2018/08/hidizs-ap80-unboxing-and-ks-preview_17.html?m=1

Some feedback given earlier on:
https://www.headpie.net/2018/08/hidizs-ap80-feedback.html?m=1
(most were addressed promptly, I may need to edit the article some more for additional improvements, LDAC still coming I think).

Good to see that Hidizs is well on track with the delivery dates.

I do enjoy this device and keep it in my bag as a back up for my larger daps (either the AP80 or M0).

I think people will be happy with their purchase, LDAC or not on release.
Its a great little device.

Looking forward to everyones impressions when they receive it.

Never did hear your comparison between AP80 and M0 :wink: I would think they sound similar, but who knows. I look forward to receiving it.

Nov 5, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #1,311 of 4,614
Never did hear your comparison between AP80 and M0 :wink: I would think they sound similar, but who knows. I look forward to receiving it.
well I am not going to do a full review of a product or a comparison with another product - on an unreleased product.

There have been enough unfinished or delayed campaigns by other companies. So safety first (mine and yours).

Hidizs although delivering on time afaik with other products (Firmware updates being a separate issue) is comforting.

But I am not going to do more than an unboxing for an unreleased product as its not ethical. (Even though I do really like this device).

Glad to see its on schedule.

Nov 5, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #1,312 of 4,614
well I am not going to do a full review of a product or a comparison with another product - on an unreleased product.

There have been enough unfinished or delayed campaigns by other companies. So safety first (mine and yours).

Hidizs although delivering on time afaik with other products (Firmware updates being a separate issue) is comforting.

But I am not going to do more than an unboxing for an unreleased product as its not ethical. (Even though I do really like this device).

Glad to see its on schedule.

Yes I understand completely, I just thought you said you were going to do that comparison yonks ago, but needed more time. I’ll have it my hands soon enough- just was curious what you thought yourself :wink: I’m curious because some said it sounded better to their ears than M0, well I personally like the sound of the M0 so if it sounds just as good with hardware controls and a bigger screen I’ll be a happy camper.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 1:07 AM Post #1,315 of 4,614

M0 is less neutral with more emphasis on bass which feels more smudged and there is also kind of simplified treble. Less detailed compared to AP80.

My review is here

AP80 and LZ HIFI A5 IEMs

_DSC8444.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2018 at 2:03 AM Post #1,316 of 4,614
Nov 6, 2018 at 6:09 AM Post #1,318 of 4,614
Haha Hi people!

I asked the team, the shipping should be starting by tomorrow! And we will send you the tracking numbers when we have them asap! Possibly 2-3 days after shipping out, I think. No worries! :D, are you reaaaady?

Hi Ken! Could you please inform us if shipments have started?
:)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back