AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Sep 21, 2018 at 10:53 AM Post #976 of 4,614
@ hakuzen,
According to the comments on KS: "We (Hidizs) usually do standard worldwide shipping."

Hoping too that it will be the case or that backers will have the choice.
It's not much about custom taxes, high fees usually come from what these 'express' companies add to the bill...
yep, you are right. express carriers ask for abusive management costs at Spain (total cost could be more than $200, leather case pledge).
while declaring under $20 and using standard carriers, zero packages were retained at custom from hundreds of orders.

Sep 21, 2018 at 11:01 AM Post #977 of 4,614
Silicone case + Screen protector unlocked! Woohoooo! Tho i purchased the leather case as well just to be sure and help a bit to hit that 240k. Lol. Cant wait!

First time to back a project at KS and i hope it wont disappoint.

Sep 21, 2018 at 12:22 PM Post #978 of 4,614
In case I missed something:
The AP80 player already comes with extra screen protectors. Now with additional protectors from the 2nd stretch goal.
Which extra protectors are recommended to replace the installed ones?

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2018 at 12:30 PM Post #979 of 4,614
Has anyone got a confirmation email from Kickstarter about fulfilling the second stretch goal? I haven’t yet.

Also now that they have the $$ I hope communication from Hidiz doesn’t dry up on this thread.

Sep 21, 2018 at 12:46 PM Post #980 of 4,614
Don't forget that limiting good performance of AP80 with some budget AMP would be a step behind...
True... I am currently considering an iFi nano bl locally for $200CAD, which seems to have a lot of good reviews. I have also read that the Topping NX4DSD is quite good but I think the iFi has more juice.... I guess I have a bit of time to decided. That said, can't wait to get AP80!

Sep 21, 2018 at 12:50 PM Post #981 of 4,614
Hey Ken, are the new knobs going to match the bodies. Space not a counter space mother****er not a garden space you said damn OK we are trying to solve How are your ****ing nuts I said Apple are you ****ing nuts

lol! I had to read that a few times before I figure out what the **** was going on... lol!

I am also curious to know. The contrasting colour could be cool... but colour matched would be really cool. Usually, I only see metal/silver or if it matches then the dap is black, not other colours.

Sep 21, 2018 at 2:40 PM Post #982 of 4,614
lol! I had to read that a few times before I figure out what the **** was going on... lol!

I am also curious to know. The contrasting colour could be cool... but colour matched would be really cool. Usually, I only see metal/silver or if it matches then the dap is black, not other colours.

First and last time using dictation feature :wink: . I personally like when the knob coulour matches the dap. But I’d like to know, and I’d like confirmation that we’re getting the second stretch goal.

I mean especially when we didn’t save as much as we were lead to believe as Hidiz is selling the unit for 139 not 159 as previously stated.

Sep 21, 2018 at 8:49 PM Post #987 of 4,614
The thing that seemed to get R3 backers as riled up as anything was Hiby not shipping in pledge order. I hope Hidizs avoids that mistake. And whatever you do, don’t ship orders prior to backers
The only things I've ever pledged for on kickstarter have been band related. More than once people were able to download albums, I pledged too, off itunes before I received a copy. That's always disappointing.

Sep 21, 2018 at 9:57 PM Post #988 of 4,614
Can I get ldac using foobar on Windows with dac setup?

Not really clear what you mean. LDAC is a codec used to transfer HD audio through bluetooth. If you mean sending to AP80 with LDAC from PC - I doubt that your PC supports LDAC. If you mean connecting AP80 to PC as DAC and using Foobar2000 to push music to AP80 and than sending it to LDAC headphones -> might be possible when AP80 would support LDAC.

Last edited:
Sep 22, 2018 at 2:12 AM Post #989 of 4,614
The thing that seemed to get R3 backers as riled up as anything was Hiby not shipping in pledge order. I hope Hidizs avoids that mistake. And whatever you do, don’t ship orders prior to backers
Correct! I have mentioned it on Kikstarter as well. At the same time high QC should be maintained to have smooth experience for user.

If AP80 is already under production then I expect very high chance of early delivery although I am not sure the status on production of leather case and 2nd stretch goal stuff....

Sep 22, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #990 of 4,614
Not really clear what you mean. LDAC is a codec used to transfer HD audio through bluetooth. If you mean sending to AP80 with LDAC from PC - I doubt that your PC supports LDAC. If you mean connecting AP80 to PC as DAC and using Foobar2000 to push music to AP80 and than sending it to LDAC headphones -> might be possible when AP80 would support LDAC.
The later is exactly what I'm looking for

Users who are viewing this thread

Back