AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Jul 22, 2018 at 6:08 PM Post #109 of 4,614
This looks perfect, I have a Cowon PD and I love it but this looks too good to pass up if the price is good. A friend of mine is in the market for one too, he was interested in the AP60 II but maybe this is what he should end up with. :p

Jul 27, 2018 at 3:50 PM Post #110 of 4,614
While waiting, if someone wants anything from Hidizs store - here is 20%OFF any item

all_collage3.jpg

Jul 30, 2018 at 8:25 AM Post #111 of 4,614
Just a quick update. I THINK we have a confirmed launch date of 2-3 weeks based off a chat with Hidizs support on Facebook. Excited!!

I was on the verge of looking at a second hand ap200 as I'd about given up on this coming out any time this year.

Aug 5, 2018 at 8:43 AM Post #112 of 4,614
Just a quick update. I THINK we have a confirmed launch date of 2-3 weeks based off a chat with Hidizs support on Facebook. Excited!!

I was on the verge of looking at a second hand ap200 as I'd about given up on this coming out any time this year.

I'm on board. Apparently there's a 'super early bird' preorder price too. On their mailing list anyway :)

Aug 5, 2018 at 9:37 AM Post #113 of 4,614
I ended up pulling the trigger on a second hand 64g stainless ap200 as someone was selling for a bargain price.

So I'll see how I get on with that before making a decision on the ap80.

Aug 5, 2018 at 8:57 PM Post #114 of 4,614
So, if AP80 ends up being released soon and there is a discount, would it be smart to order it before reviews come out? Usually this answer is a no but this dap might make me rethink. Is it expected to be better than M0 soundwise? It sure looks better and has physical keys + quite a bit more display area in a marginally larger body.

The only thing that is kinda suspicious about this is their marketing, the bombardment of ads for a product that has no release date, defined price or an explanation about the delays.

Aug 6, 2018 at 8:34 AM Post #117 of 4,614
this or the new FiiO M3K =S

Seriously?? FiiO has so little going for it which is why they mention the clock so much.:) No radio, no BT, quite a bit bigger. Touch buttons on a flat glass panel(try using it in your pocket) vs real buttons and wheel. FiiO also goes barebones and cuts SQ on cheap models so if they are keeping/protecting the X1-II, I doubt it will sound better than the AP80 either. They are for different people/needs/uses anyhow but I think the AP80 will be the better player as well just to live with day to day.

Last edited:
Aug 6, 2018 at 9:41 AM Post #118 of 4,614
Seriously?? FiiO has so little going for it which is why they mention the clock so much.:) No radio, no BT, quite a bit bigger. Touch buttons on a flat glass panel(try using it in your pocket) vs real buttons and wheel. FiiO also goes barebones and cuts SQ on cheap models so if they are keeping/protecting the X1-II, I doubt it will sound better than the AP80 either. They are for different people/needs/uses anyhow but I think the AP80 will be the better player as well just to live with day to day.

will wait for the release then =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back