AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Jun 15, 2018 at 11:17 AM Post #76 of 4,614
When you're a small company launching a completely new product, especially as complex as this, it is very hard to nail down the date. Whatever can go wrong usually does in the last minute. I've been involved in several product launches in several small companies and it's just the nature of the beast.

I was under the impression that Hidizs was a subsidiary of a larger company and had backing from them. Didn't know that they're a small company.

Still waiting on concrete details before dropping some money on either a M0 or their new AP60 II

Jun 15, 2018 at 11:39 AM Post #77 of 4,614
I was under the impression that Hidizs was a subsidiary of a larger company and had backing from them. Didn't know that they're a small company.

Still waiting on concrete details before dropping some money on either a M0 or their new AP60 II
I have no idea on their size either actually...I don't know why I assumed they were small. Regardless of the size, my statement still stands - new product launches are tough.

Jun 21, 2018 at 8:24 AM Post #79 of 4,614
Looks like they're getting ready to make a big launch announcement soon. Ads and videos are starting to pop up on social media.
I've been seeing their facebook ad every day for the past 2-3 weeks now. Love how most of the comments are: "Who needs this if I my phone can play music? mp3 players have been dead since the 90s." Hidizs should've done their social targeting better. :)

Jun 21, 2018 at 6:11 PM Post #80 of 4,614
I live the design of this and specs sound good too.

Was tempted by the Hiby R3 but just got the M0 a fee days ago. Awesome little thing but almost too small for my fat ass fingers so this is really tempting.

Are Hizids and Hiby linked in terms of the business owners? As it seems odd Hiby would let a direct competitor use their own platform if theyre not! The Hiby player is my favourite audio player for my android phone so this pretty much ticks all the boxes!

Jun 21, 2018 at 6:24 PM Post #82 of 4,614
I live the design of this and specs sound good too.

Was tempted by the Hiby R3 but just got the M0 a fee days ago. Awesome little thing but almost too small for my fat ass fingers so this is really tempting.

Are Hizids and Hiby linked in terms of the business owners? As it seems odd Hiby would let a direct competitor use their own platform if theyre not! The Hiby player is my favourite audio player for my android phone so this pretty much ticks all the boxes!
Hiby's s been licensing their firmware to other OEMs long before they made DAPs themselves.

Jun 28, 2018 at 10:46 AM Post #87 of 4,614
Ugh what a letdown. I thought they weren’t doing kickstarter. This means we wont have units in hands before September probably.

Why does a company backed by a big parent do kickstarter anyways? Let your parent take the damn risk, not the users.

Jun 28, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #88 of 4,614
Why does a company backed by a big parent do kickstarter anyways? Let your parent take the damn risk, not the users.

It does seem like a number of companies aren't using Kickstarter as an alternative venture capital system, but as a means of front-loading a pre-order system. Get the money, then turn the production line up. I guess it's simpler than actually having a good market research team that can tell you what the interest level is.

Jun 28, 2018 at 11:59 AM Post #89 of 4,614
It does seem like a number of companies aren't using Kickstarter as an alternative venture capital system, but as a means of front-loading a pre-order system. Get the money, then turn the production line up. I guess it's simpler than actually having a good market research team that can tell you what the interest level is.

Exactly - they’re shifting the risk to their customers. Also, no returns, no warranty or guarantees, and you wait forever for the product to ship. I’ll stick with Fiio for now thank you very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back