AP80 - Hidizs next portable Hi-Res music player
Aug 29, 2018 at 9:45 PM Post #571 of 4,614
Can anyone who has tested the AP80, or Ken, comment on if there is a limit to the number of tracks the device can read/process? I have 25k on a card in my v20, and would certainly want a stand-alone DAP to be able to work with many files (already have a 400gb mSD card to use).
Also, any noticeable SQ differences between file formats (flac, dsd, etc) ?

Aug 30, 2018 at 1:00 AM Post #572 of 4,614
Hey can you lucky ducky guys that have AP80 test the standby mode? I really like having to not have to turn my dap off all the time.

I think (hopefully) the unit headphonics got is faulty. And lyrxBRO they agree with your assement that AP80 sounds better than M0 :wink: I’m pretty stoked for AP80 :)

Testing standby....
I would be very surprised if headphonics comparison would deviate from what I've found cause it is obvious.

Hello everyone, new backer here.

This might be a bit of a stretch, but will there be support for audiobooks? Like the audiobook players with quick 15s rewind and forward or any audiobook player feature? Can't wait to get my hands on this!

Already answered, look at the FAQ section of the first post

What about the flow of the GUI?

Good. No irritation, no waiting. Good loading time.

Aug 30, 2018 at 2:18 AM Post #573 of 4,614
I’ve posted on the Kickstarter Comments and I’ll post it here too. Anyone who is based in Singapore and who wants the armband free when it arrives can contact me (to collect) as I’ll throw the armband away anyway.

Aug 30, 2018 at 4:06 AM Post #577 of 4,614
Hey Ken, Please Pass this on to Hidizs Tech and Marketing Folks.
I am the current owner of an AP60, and an AP60 PRO, and an AP200. All have pretty good sound. However, IF Hidizs is recording any comments, ideas for firmware improvement; Hidizs is Unfortunately Not sending out any new/updated firmware. It is like you have stopped all work on those devices after you sold them. This is very disappointing to a buyer. And it is the biggest reason that prevents me from considering the AP80. Your history of firmware support really upsets me. I am also upset that several people are reporting that the AP60, and AP60 PRO, and maybe the AP200 do NOT seem to be able to send/receive APTx . Being an important feature for many, I would like to see HIDIZS formally comment on whether APTx actually is working on those devices; and explain why many seem to report that it is Not Working. Concern is whether APTx or LDAC will really be included in the AP80? Or just never followed up on with firmware updates.

@CactusPete23 We understand your standpoint and I will let the engineers know about this! We are all working hard to fix things up but it takes time. I will do my best! Regarding your question, the AP80 does feature the APTx already, regarding the LDAC, we are currently applying the certification to Sony. :).

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 4:08 AM Post #578 of 4,614
R3 has LDAC now. Seeming that Hiby's software is on the Hidizs AP80 an it's pretty close port. Updates would closely follow?
@Vimtoman There will be an official announcement if it happens, I will do the follow up on this thread :)

Aug 30, 2018 at 4:39 AM Post #579 of 4,614
Hello everyone, new backer here.

This might be a bit of a stretch, but will there be support for audiobooks? Like the audiobook players with quick 15s rewind and forward or any audiobook player feature? Can't wait to get my hands on this!
@titanquests69 Thanks for joining and for the support! :D

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2018 at 6:08 AM Post #581 of 4,614
Aug 30, 2018 at 7:08 AM Post #584 of 4,614
Hi!

For those who are wondering about the colors, you can customize your AP80 that suits your tastes by going on the main menu, click on system settings, select color theme, tick on on and you can either click on the different colors palettes we've selected for you then adjust the tones by simply swipe left or right. Press Ok and it will redirect you to the main menu with your favorite color! :) For me, I went for purple :D.

ap80-purple.jpg
ap80colors.jpg

Aug 30, 2018 at 7:21 AM Post #585 of 4,614
Apart from the missing firmware to fix or offer the promised features on AP200, do you notice that hidizs customer service only appear when they launch new product? Then no where to be found after that? Or my eyes are playing tricks on me? I should see pass the imperfections. I own ap200 and ap60 pro. Unlikely I will buy ap80 no matter how tempting is the FM feature for running.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back